[Suggestion] shower regime = make prisoner shower inside cel

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

aceblitzer
level0

[Suggestion] shower regime = make prisoner shower inside cel

Postby aceblitzer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:53 am

Hi ,

I am designing a prison without dedicated shower room. Built all cells with shower inside (no zoning of shower). it is a basic 2x3 cell but there is a shower head inside.

When i want to wake up the prisoner by shower (regime), they just stand there inside cell doing nothing. and then get angry and break stuff (hygiene needs issue). They practically didnt see there's a shower just above their head! =D

can you make the shower regime change the behaviour of prisoner, instead of looking for shower room, they just use the closest shower they can find? (in this case, their own cells).

Thank you,

aceblitzer
RJenkos
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] shower regime = make prisoner shower inside

Postby RJenkos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:28 am

I do the same and it works fine for me. They will either shower before bed or in free time.w
aceblitzer
level0

Postby aceblitzer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 am

i see... do you set up the shower as the first thing they do in the morning? on time when they're sleeping?
or u set up at 8 am when most prisoner wake up?

ie. i want to set up shower at around 4am in morning so they wakeup, take shower inside cells.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:47 am

if you want to make them shower and be sure that they keep in their cells use the regime "nothing" i believe, this forces them stay in their cells and use the things you placed there.
metalbunny
level1
level1

Postby metalbunny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Never put "shower" in the regime unless you have dedicated shower rooms. "Shower" in the regime means the guards send everyone off to the showers - it's not permission, it's requirement.

Instead try giving them "free time" and they should shower if they want to.
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:05 pm

ImageUntitled1 by Ross 4107, on Flickr
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

metalbunny wrote:Never put "shower" in the regime unless you have dedicated shower rooms. "Shower" in the regime means the guards send everyone off to the showers - it's not permission, it's requirement.

I came to basically say that.

Personally I started putting a shower in each cell back when shower rooms where arenas for prisoners to try to slaughter each other (the game used to be a lot more violent) and given the relatively low cost of doing this, I never went back. I also put a shower room in the middle of most yards or 'gyms' (common rooms with lots of workout equipment).

I don't know if this is me taking advantage of the game not punishing me more for dedicating extra resources to showers (it makes each cell at least 4 spaces long instead of 3) but for 'reform' centric prisons it is a good solution.

Speaking of free will, I also suggest building a bathroom into most canteens. My current one does not have one, come to think of it, but it is always smart to put at least a couple of toilets behind doors. Think of it as a regular restaurant.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm

metalbunny wrote:Never put "shower" in the regime unless you have dedicated shower rooms. "Shower" in the regime means the guards send everyone off to the showers - it's not permission, it's requirement.

Mine just stay asleep if I specify free time first thing in the morning.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:34 pm

lugaru wrote:...put at least a couple of toilets behind doors...

Or just line them up shoulder to shoulder in the open along the wall, it's much more space efficient and they don't seem to mind. Same goes with shower heads.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Just remember: Regime doesn't tell a prisoner what to do, only where to be.
- Sleep = go to cell or holding pen ... but NOT go to sleep.
- Eat = go to canteen .... but NOT go eat

This (programming) works out through the needs of prisoners.
If you place toilets near workshops etc, you'll also see a reduction in pee-spots on the floor, due to regime not having them near a toilet in time.
aceblitzer
level0

Postby aceblitzer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 am

hello, r jenkos thanks for the reply but i can't seem to see your flickr photos (set to private)..

i come into that conclusion as well. NO shower room is much more efficient and riot risk free, given the low cost of 20$ shower head. and much more room also.

however the game does not have dedicated regime for shower inside the cell. it just search for a "shower room" and if there is none, the prisoners just standing there doing nothing...

my aim is to wake prisoner earlier than 8am, because sleeping too long makes the hygiene/bladder needs too high and when they wake up they slaughter and break stuff.
(which makes no sense, u need more sleep rather than shower. who the hell does not shower for 3-4 hours then get angry like that?)

so this is my solution for now: i set up shower at 4 am to wake them all up at once, then switch to "free time immidiately at 4.03 am. thus the prisoner wakes up, then takes pee/poo and shower. Voila, all needs solved and no more angry prisoner.

alternative to wake them up: Eat = usually ends bad & a lot of fights going on because they all need to poo/shower... another alternative is yard = ends bad also my prison have 260+ population, all angry and need to poo/shower... work = also the same problem...

in my opinion, there need to be a rework on hygiene needs, it gets too high too fast. or give solution to WAKE up prisoners earlier than 8 am (i see no problem doing that, wake up alarm or something?)
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 am

i have another solution.

i build my shower room within the canteen. Uuum no, i just build everything in the canteed prisoners needs:

serving table, table, benches, showers, toilets, pool tables, phones, weight benches, tv's

and then set up the morning as eat time 2 hours long. most of prisoners will shower right after eat, i also see, that some first taking his shower and then eat.

i like this much more, then building showers in cell, cause i didnt like i have to build drains then for every cell or my prisoners have to swim to their cells.

Return to “Community Members”