[Suggestion] Prisoners develope and lose traits

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Rand0mname
level0

[Suggestion] Prisoners develope and lose traits

Postby Rand0mname » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:17 am

While playing the game earlier today I had an incident where one prisoner drilled three guards to death only to be taken down by three armed guards. That's when it occurred to me that if this guy had the cop killer trait, he'd likely have been done in. My suggestion is that if a prisoner manages to off a guard, he should be given the cop killer trait. While prison guards are not technically police its still strange that a guard would go "This is fine" after subduing an inmate who killed three of his co-workers while going completely ape shit on the guy who offed some nameless cop hes likely never met. After that I began thinking, why stop there? Boy that prisoner over there sure loves his exercise, I bet if he does that enough he'll become strong! That guy in super max lock down however, while he is strong his lack of physical activity might cause him to lose that! Maybe after a few months of intensive therapy that volatile fellow might learn to chill out? Maybe that other prisoner who hangs out with the armed guards might stop being afraid of them?

On a similar but separate note, if the previous suggestion was to go through (and only if the above goes through) then should their traits affect their grading? The fellow who showed up strong should probably have bonus points to health while the volatile fellow might take a hit to security.
Re-Dooo
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Prisoners develope and lose traits

Postby Re-Dooo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Yeah this is a great idea. I also think it would be cool to do something like this with the guards as well. Maybe an armed guard that has killed a few people get better aim or an itchy trigger finger.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Personally a trait I would love to see is 'chronic injury' meaning when your prisoners get beat really hard, there is a small chance they will develop a lifelong injury slowing their movements. This would also likely affect your grading. Also prisoners who spend a long time in solitary might have a small chance of developing a derangement, acting as a punishment for abusing solitary confinement.
StefanoG
level1
level1

Postby StefanoG » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Yea i was thinking the same ! What about making simple rpg skills ? Traits can be simple skills that a prisoner can gain/lose/develop , maybe just very simple like 5 levels .
After this there are so many skills wich can be made : sneak undetected , thief , quick , but more the physical skills where a prisoner can become though ,athletic , resistance etc etc
A prisoner can become a super-though-quick superman if he kill guards and stay alive , more and more every time.
spoko22
level0

Postby spoko22 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Behavioural Therapy could remove "Volatile" trait.
ryacko
level1
level1

Postby ryacko » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:55 am

lugaru wrote:Personally a trait I would love to see is 'chronic injury' meaning when your prisoners get beat really hard, there is a small chance they will develop a lifelong injury slowing their movements. This would also likely affect your grading. Also prisoners who spend a long time in solitary might have a small chance of developing a derangement, acting as a punishment for abusing solitary confinement.

Old age, weak heart, are all good traits.

Especially when your guards taze someone with a weak heart.
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 am

I believe this is intended to be in the game now. They have made a few references to this in alpha videos.

Return to “Community Members”