[Suggestion] Pools and Storms

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

GamingBud
level2
level2

[Suggestion] Pools and Storms

Postby GamingBud » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 am

Another cool thing to add would be pools.

Pros:
- Prisoners could get the exercise + recreation need lowered.
- Prisoners could join reform programs like swimming lessons and maybe ocean survival lessons? (Like preventing against hypothermia)

Cons:
- Prisoners would have the privacy need raised little by little. (Maybe about in an hour of swimming, three bars of privacy?) I know i don't like swimming in hotel pools.
- In storms, it might overflow and cause a BIG flood. (Maybe a 1/5 chance?)

STORMS! Would add more challenge to the player to provide safety to their prisoners.

Hail storms, winter seasons, heat waves, (Maybe tornadoes, but that's a little out of control of the player), rain.

Maybe each day there could be a weather report so that the player could prepare.

Items: Heating device, Cooling device, Winter clothing, (Maybe if tornadoes gets added) a tornado "detector" with a 1/2 chance of giving a correct signal.

With rainy days and hail storms there could be new "needs" like Hailing and Raining, and when the prisoner is out in the open, those needs will rise...FAST. Prisoners may start riots when left in the open in rain for hours (Player could commence lockdown to protect. Pros and cons to that too). Prisoners have a 1 in 10 chance of getting damaged every ten seconds when in the open in a hail storm.

On rainy days, prisoners will get their clothing wet if left in the open for too long, and floods have a 1 in 10 chance of occurring in SOME places.
On winter days, prisoners will need new clothing, or a new need "Cold/Freezing" takes place. (Player will have to choose what clothing comes to be distributed by the laundry so that it adds more twist and attention to the prison management).
On hot days, prisoners need to have free time to join their buds by the cooling device so they don't overheat and the "Hot" need will be raised maybe one bar per hour..

I'm thinking that the weather report could be something like the codex. Maybe a new tab in the codex named "Weather Reports".
Randomly generated prisons could also now start with random seasons/winter/rain/NOT HAIL/TORNADO!

Feedback is enjoyed!
klikko
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Pools and Storms

Postby klikko » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:52 pm

I like this. Vents and radiators make sense, and with some seasonal effects, it would add another element to the game, making water pumps and electrical switches actually useful. I know I never ever use them in my prisons.
It would also add to the economic difficulty if you had to pay for heating pr indoor square
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Well, even simpler than this as starters, wouldn't it be nice if prisoners noticed a lack of window in their cells? I'd love to be able to modify my prisoners' moods by how I chose to make their cells.
GamingBud
level2
level2

Postby GamingBud » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Inge Jones wrote:Well, even simpler than this as starters, wouldn't it be nice if prisoners noticed a lack of window in their cells? I'd love to be able to modify my prisoners' moods by how I chose to make their cells.

Yeah, i did actually notice that. I'm glad people are liking my idea.

I was also thinking maybe pipes could freeze in the winter?

And there could be a certain building that was not affected by a tornado if implemented
balfro
level2
level2

Postby balfro » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Weather has been suggested before. But seriously. Pool in a prison? It better not have a hot tub. I think it does not fit to the style of the game. However. Weather and heat control could make for a good feature. Also a new way to escape trough the vents that you put up? :D
GamingBud
level2
level2

Postby GamingBud » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:47 pm

balfro wrote:Weather has been suggested before. But seriously. Pool in a prison? It better not have a hot tub. I think it does not fit to the style of the game. However. Weather and heat control could make for a good feature. Also a new way to escape trough the vents that you put up? :D

Ehh, vents would just lead throughout the buildings, it wouldn't go through the outer fence line.

Pools in a prison? What about basketball? I was snooping around in the PA files and found a few things that hinted toward basketball in the objects.png.
GamingBud
level2
level2

Postby GamingBud » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:07 am

I thought more people would reply to this :/
GamingBud
level2
level2

Postby GamingBud » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:02 pm

^ i like feedback
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm don't really see what I would do with a pool in prison or where I would put it but then again, more content can't hurt right?

I do like the Storm or actually more of a general weather and season system to make the game a bit more challenging and random
GamingBud
level2
level2

Postby GamingBud » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:01 pm

knoest26 wrote:I'm don't really see what I would do with a pool in prison or where I would put it but then again, more content can't hurt right?

I do like the Storm or actually more of a general weather and season system to make the game a bit more challenging and random

I love having to choose from a very very wide variety of items.

And don't forget a little less laid back :). Now you can allow your prison to run overnight >:D.

Return to “Community Members”