***DTNC Vicious Real Active Player List***

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Laika
Site Admin

Re: ***DTNC Vicious Real Active Player List***

Postby Laika » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:30 am

Zorotama, for the past year or so I don't remember you playing, just showing up occasionally in chat, talking whatever. The reason people take you seriously is the long time you've been around. I doubt you have a better perspective on things going on right now. Don't judge me.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:28 am

You go girl! ^^ :mrgreen:
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:00 am

Laika_rus wrote:Zorotama, for the past year or so I don't remember you playing, just showing up occasionally in chat, talking whatever. The reason people take you seriously is the long time you've been around. I doubt you have a better perspective on things going on right now. Don't judge me.

Thank you
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:19 am

Attention we have our first challenge. Stealth Mode #5 will be going for Legendary's #4 Spot, the first match will be tomorrow 6pm Est. Be on if you would like to see these two slug it out. It's best out of 3 matches. If Stealth wins 2 he get's Legends #4 spot and Legend move's down to #5. If anyone has any questions please PM me thanks :)
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 am

Change your god damn picture Vic.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:Attention we have our first challenge. Stealth Mode #5 will be going for Legendary's #4 Spot, the first match will be tomorrow 6pm Est. Be on if you would like to see these two slug it out. It's best out of 3 matches. If Stealth wins 2 he get's Legends #4 spot and Legend move's down to #5. If anyone has any questions please PM me thanks :)

Stealth will get swept. And your see your rankings are garbage.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Here's an idea I had a long time ago.

What if there was a web page where registered users could maintain their own ranking tables based on which an algorithm would also dynamically generate one big "collaborative?" table?

I haven't planned this much yet and I don't know if people think it could work at all, and I'm definitely not saying I'm going to create one, but what I'm getting at is that there could be a system where different opinions could be considered while also preserving the individuals' lists. Maybe the individual tables' effect on the compiled table could even be weighted by a voting system of some kind.

I think it's mostly just daydreaming. The community is so small. Would be frustrating to put so much effort into something that 5 people would use.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Thinking it to the extreme, where everyone keeps a ranking list of everybody else which then will result in a definitve combined ranking list, it could boil down to a currency for our social rank. A pretty off-putting imagination for my taste.
While it might not be highly probable the extreme will become real, it usually helps me judge if something is desirable by thinking about its extrem possibilities.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:27 pm

I think you got a good point there.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:02 pm

About disputing ranking lists:

First: It is some kind of tradition here to rank/charactersize all player. Before Endless's list there was F.Y. list and that probably was inspired by CZA's spiritual animal thread. CZA migh have been inspired by Zorotamas Worm insult/characterization of Mrmot. There have been similar lists I forgot about (Schubdüse did one I think, Mvpe also). All fair, yet humiliating at times.

However we can not have multiple ranking threads sticked at our board (well maybe 2 might just work). There are different solutions: from letting Endless and Vicious arrange it among themself to unsticky all lists.

I am for the status quo, let Endless have his list where it has been for months now. It is called "unbaised" and honestly it is usually very close to how I would rank players. That's pretty amazing specially thinking Endless compiled it, about whom I have a notion of some sort of a roughneck and not a cool observer.

Also let Vicious show us his ranking, it is pretty interessting. While it sorts player different, Vicious certainly has reasons and that is fascinating.

But in the end it is as real as Endless's list is unbaised, I dont believe there can be an objective reason to prefer one list over the other. And if there is no reason to prefer Vicious list there is no reason to break the status quo.

Crap, not sure anymore where I wanted to go with that, guess just a little chitchat about whats going on the forums.
Last edited by trickser on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Maybe a Group project on the Group 6 website for such a thing VSj? So your not the only one working on it. We can bring other trusted people to help create it, I already have a few people in mind. :D Then maybe just maybe we can put a end to all the ranking tables & future ones. (:
Stealth Mode
level1
level1

Postby Stealth Mode » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Endless wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:Attention we have our first challenge. Stealth Mode #5 will be going for Legendary's #4 Spot, the first match will be tomorrow 6pm Est. Be on if you would like to see these two slug it out. It's best out of 3 matches. If Stealth wins 2 he get's Legends #4 spot and Legend move's down to #5. If anyone has any questions please PM me thanks :)

So if I don't that would make yours garbage right and btw endless seeing how your lower ranked than me I will put you in your place before i have a crack at legends place if you like, seeing how you like to talk so much :) just show up im sure legendary wont mind waiting till i squash you first
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Stealth Mode wrote:
Endless wrote:

So if I don't that would make yours garbage right and btw endless seeing how your lower ranked than me I will put you in your place before i have a crack at legends place if you like, seeing how you like to talk so much :) just show up im sure legendary wont mind waiting till i squash you first

I will say this stealth, I was very drunk last night when I posted that and don't even remember doing it. That being said, I stand beside it. You will get swept, the defcon world will see it, and it won't be pretty. Legendary is at a completely different level than you, and even myself right now. Anyone who thinks you are going to win is ignorant to true skill.

However if you do win, I'll be the first to eat my crow. Also, I can't be online until maybe tomorrow. If you'd like to try yourself out against me, I'm ok with it. And you won't have to lose your ranking either if I beat you.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Endless wrote:

It keeps the forums and game buzzing while adding some competitive nature so idc.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:47 pm

I want to add this Vic. I actually like having another list. I'm a big fan of college sports in America, and most of them have more than one poll. Though I still don't understand the criteria for yours, it's still appreciated.

Return to “General”