Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

{deleted post}

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:24 am

EDIT OUT.
Last edited by JASPer.Gamer.9.0 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
seronis
level1
level1

Re: POW Mod Update

Postby seronis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:47 am

*notices you including 'takeout' mod*

And did you ASK if you could steal another persons mod, again?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:07 pm

seronis wrote:*notices you including 'takeout' mod*

And did you ASK if you could steal another persons mod, again?

I'm sure the people who are affected by it will take the correct steps if neccessary
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:29 am

It's not public yet. The author hasn't replied. If he says no or doesn't reply, we'll take it out before releasing.

EDIT: Plus, knoest26 is right:
knoest26 wrote:I'm sure the people who are affected by it will take the correct steps if neccessary
Last edited by JASPer.Gamer.9.0 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
seronis
level1
level1

Postby seronis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:48 am

In other words YET AGAIN you bundled up someone elses mods before getting permission.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:18 pm

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:It's not public yet. The author hasn't replied. If he says no or doesn't reply, we'll take it out before releasing.

Please READ!!!!
seronis
level1
level1

Postby seronis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:23 pm

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:It's not public yet. The author hasn't replied. If he says no or doesn't reply, we'll take it out before releasing.

Yes. I did. You shouldnt have done this much with your reputation before getting permission.

There is absolutely no reason for you to bundle it anyways. They are separate mods. People can just subscribe to the specific features they want. You've been told this before. You still default to 'steal what i want' as your mentality.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:18 am

seronis wrote:

Yes. I did. You shouldnt have done this much with your reputation before getting permission.

There is absolutely no reason for you to bundle it anyways. They are separate mods. People can just subscribe to the specific features they want. You've been told this before.

In the lifetime of POW are many bundled mods (that you may not know about?!?). You probs know that there r other bundled mods, you just decided to start "attacking" the mod once I started working on it.

Also, we thought contacting the author would be as easy as it was with the other bundled apps, so we just went along. We did this because usually, the authors are ok with bundling the mods in.

seronis wrote:You still default to 'steal what i want' as your mentality.

FYI, this offends me (POST REPORTED). I ALWAYS ask authors for their permission. In the little episode with Topsi, I never actually published the compilation with his mod in it. As I never published it, you can't use that agains't me.

One last thing:
Introversion PA EULA wrote:Any Mods you create from scratch belong to you but any Mods that use INTROVERSION code or assets (parts or files in the game) will belong to INTROVERSION.

Introversion PA EULA wrote:You must adhere the terms of this EULA and not do anything that infringes the rights of anyone else or do anything in breach of EULA which may give a person a claim against INTROVERSION. If you breach the EULA, and INTROVERSION get challenged, threatened or sued by someone because of it, INTROVERSION may hold you responsible and that means you may have to pay INTROVERSION back for any damage we suffer as a result. Therefore it’s important that you comply with the EULA.

^^^Look Above. The above proves that I am theoretically free to copy whatever I want anyway, because the workshop can be accessed by anyone, and the work posted on the workshop is not labeled copyright, or registered with the patents office. Also, everything there is made with or made for PA, which is by IV, which has it's own rules. In the quote above, you (or others) are probs gonna look at the "Create from Scratch" part. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I have looked carefully at mod, and some parts of the mod "Contain IV code or assets". Therefore, I can copy, remake, and post (as it doesn't say anything about this) WHATEVER I WANT (at least on the Steam Workshop).

Bye for now,
Jasper Greenham
(obviously the Best Modder, and if not that, then the Best Modder that ACTUALLY knows what the Steam Workshop/IV rules/EULA/regulations and copyright law entitles him to do.)
Pruvan
level2
level2

Postby Pruvan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:44 am

In other news, Jasper has been kicked off the PoW team.

What's that I taste? Could it be... Mmm, yes. The unmistakable taste of ironic justice.

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:Jasper Greenham
(obviously the Best Modder)

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks for the giggles.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:49 am

Pruvan wrote:In other news, Jasper has been kicked off the PoW team.

What's that I taste? Could it be... Mmm, yes. The unmistakable taste of ironic justice.

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:Jasper Greenham
(obviously the Best Modder)

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks for the giggles.

Pruvan, be carefull or he steals all your mods and reports you!
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Mister Greenham,

You are right that in stating that there is no law against what you are doing. This means you are free to copy anyone's work from the steam workshop without giving credit and that the community can't stop you.

There are a few things that you didn't take in consideration;
- Morality, if you choose to 'steal' people's work the community will no longer accept you
- 3rd parties, just because the 'law' doesn't state anything about it doesn't mean 3rd parties, like Steam or Introversion, can't do anything.
- Trias politica (seperation of powers). Even though the government didn't make a law against what you are doing, you can still be prosecuted during a civil lawsuit.

Now for fucks sake, try to use that manipulative little head of yours for something good, or at least less annoying.

Sincerely,
Everybody on the forums
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:04 pm

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:
seronis wrote:You still default to 'steal what i want' as your mentality.

FYI, this offends me (POST REPORTED).

You do not have a right to not be offended. The fact that you are personally offended by something that someone else has said does not in any way imply that what they said was in violation of the forum guidelines.

xander
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: {deleted post}

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:14 am

Apologies if I haven't been watching the boards as much. My available time has been shifted, and I am still adjusting to it.

As for this topic, the report has been rejected. There is nothing in seronis' post that breaks the website rules.

This topic no longer serves a purpose, and the current discussion will end up nowhere positive. Locked.

Return to “Modding”