How to view and edit your Name In The Game

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

steviebuk
level2
level2

Re: How to view and edit your Name In The Game

Postby steviebuk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Is there anywhere you can look to find out what you put? I've stupidly forgotten what I called mine name-in-game. Can't remember if I used my real name or not. Can't find myself on the accepted or denied list and don't ever remember getting an e-mail confirming my name-in-game was accepted.

EDIT - Found it. Searched my PC and found the e-mail I sent. My name still isn't in game even after 2 years since I submitted it.

EDIT 2 - I've contacted support.
djstover
level0

Postby djstover » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:13 am

I just watched the Alpha 27 update video and I had an idea about the awful bio situation. When black flagged it might be worth requiring the reporter to enter in some short explanation as to why it is offensive. I think this would help the review process as well as minimize the number of people who just click for no good reason. If the email comes in blank then it could probably be ignored. Plus, when you're dealing with such an emotional subject, someone who is truly offended by the bio would have plenty to say about why it should be blocked.

Just a thought.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:28 am

steviebuk wrote:My name still isn't in game even after 2 years since I submitted it.

same. (tho I have only submitted since 2 months)
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:24 am

I imagine there were a ton of new entries with the recent sale, so there's probably a ton to sift through (myself included).

I wouldn't mind just a little more customization, though. Choosing your crime and some more appearance options (even just some different colors for the current style would be good).
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:32 am

CumpyLustard wrote:I imagine there were a ton of new entries with the recent sale, so there's probably a ton to sift through (myself included).

I wouldn't mind just a little more customization, though. Choosing your crime and some more appearance options (even just some different colors for the current style would be good).

I am kinda angry at IV tho... They clearly state next alpha for Name In Game updates!
steviebuk
level2
level2

Postby steviebuk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:58 pm

I've also not had a response from my support ticket. Considering I haven't moaned about the missing "Name in Game" that I paid for that's been missing for 2 years, I think I've been quite patient :)
explorerman99
level0

Postby explorerman99 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:46 pm

I would really like to edit what you did to get in jail. If we can't do that it kind of ruins the bio. Also we could maybe add the type of prisoner? Ex. Maximum Security.
Sathariel
level0

Postby Sathariel » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:47 am

steviebuk wrote:I've also not had a response from my support ticket. Considering I haven't moaned about the missing "Name in Game" that I paid for that's been missing for 2 years, I think I've been quite patient :)

After reading that, I won't even complain after owning the game and the name update for a whooping 2 days haha. Patience is a virtue!
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:59 pm

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:I am kinda angry at IV tho... They clearly state next alpha for Name In Game updates!

steviebuk wrote:I've also not had a response from my support ticket. Considering I haven't moaned about the missing "Name in Game" that I paid for that's been missing for 2 years, I think I've been quite patient :)

Sorry, I didn't really mean to direct that at either of you or suggest you were moaning or anything. I definitely agree that they should work out any outstanding name in games before moving on to any of the newer ones. I hope they get to yours next! :D

Still, I can't help but wonder if having the huge influx of new submissions (what with all these 80% off sales) somehow clutters or messes things up for them.
Mr. Burning Butt
level0

Can you write a name and bio for more than one prisoner?

Postby Mr. Burning Butt » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 am

Just wanted to know if it's possible to write a name and bio for many prisoners.
Thanks.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Re: Can you write a name and bio for more than one prisoner?

Postby CumpyLustard » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Mr. Burning Butt wrote:Just wanted to know if it's possible to write a name and bio for many prisoners.
Thanks.

I suppose you could buy more copies of the game and register them to different e-mails/accounts, but to my knowledge you can only write one per game/account.

It's not something I would really encourage, though. If you're more so looking to support the devs, however, I believe there is a donation button on their store page.
Mr. Burning Butt
level0

Re: Can you write a name and bio for more than one prisoner?

Postby Mr. Burning Butt » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:25 am

Okay, thanks! :D
steviebuk
level2
level2

Postby steviebuk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:54 am

Getting on 3 years now, sent them an e-mail through their proper support channel, no response and still no name in game. Wonder if I can claim a refund for that part now?
raw_bean_uk
level0

Postby raw_bean_uk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:33 pm

steviebuk wrote:Getting on 3 years now, sent them an e-mail through their proper support channel, no response and still no name in game. Wonder if I can claim a refund for that part now?

You said previously that your name wasn't in either the authorised or unauthorised list (which as I understand it is not a list of rejects, but yet-to-be-authorised), which suggests to me your entry got lost or wasn't submitted correctly. Have you tried simply going back here:
http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... n-the-game

...and re-submitting?
NemoTheImperfect
level0

Postby NemoTheImperfect » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 am

Does anyone here know if stuff like é will be supported anytime soon? I want to make a latino prisoner and that seriously effs with my plan (there's a pun involved) :D

Return to “Community Members”