Tunnels problems suggestions

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Goosfrabaah
level1
level1

Tunnels problems suggestions

Postby Goosfrabaah » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:17 pm

I have amde a cellblock of 368 cells but to find a hole in there is a pains in the butt. the dog handler can find a hole being digs, but doesnt do a damn thing about it. So i have a suggestions, to have a gard react to the dog find and investigate and then sent a worker to dig and uncovers the tunnels, and than find where the tunnels is from. And the worker do dig a long one, i have 100 meter tunnels and not done, cause i put a fence around the land, so they keep digging...
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: Tunnels problems suggestions

Postby RichieGrape » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:55 pm

quick fix for this..if you know a tunnel is there build a toilet in this exact spot..once its built disassemble it and it will reveal the whole tunnel
Geeves
level0

Postby Geeves » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

I found doing regular shake-downs to be very helpful in solving this problem.
It forces a search of each cell and thus all my toilets. That way there is a (50%?) chance that a tunnel will be detected.
If that does not work, and the passing dogs keep marking dig spots I manually force a search of nearby cells and toilets until I find my tunnel.

Often the dogs will tell you something is there when in reality there is nothing happening there.

PS: I wonder what the passing visitors will be thinking when a toilet is placed in the middle of a pathway.

"Wow, that worker really needed a bathroom break. He even caused a tunnelling effect in the nearby area."
memory020
level1
level1

Postby memory020 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:43 pm

I have my guards search a cell every time they do something bad. I haven't had much in the way of problems, and I try to do a shakedown every day and half or so, during a time that doesn't cause much annoyance to the prisoners (and they aren't moving)
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 am

RichieGrape wrote:quick fix for this..if you know a tunnel is there build a toilet in this exact spot..once its built disassemble it and it will reveal the whole tunnel

... that should be implemented as a new "tunnel check" feature that's guaranteed to find one if you hit right on the spot. Costs quite a lot of time to check and pisses off your gardeners.

Return to “Community Members”