Food not going to kitchen???

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Stealth2668
level1
level1

Food not going to kitchen???

Postby Stealth2668 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:09 am

I have a problem of food not being moved to my kitchen. I've got 250 prisoners and over half of them are max sec. There's non-stop fights and casualties are going up. They are all starving because my kitchen won't put the food in the kitchen. Need help!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/AQD9JpJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qDUn2Q2.jpg
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: Food not going to kitchen???

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:01 am

Have you tried adjusting your serving tables? Maybe them being next to the wall is an issue.
bolesting
level1
level1

Postby bolesting » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:15 am

I also have that problem after latest patch! I hire 50 cooks and have 5 kitchen and some of them not working.
SamiTarvainen
level0

Postby SamiTarvainen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 am

Same problem here. Only a few groceries are being delivered and food served. Hiring more cooks won't resolve the issue. Worked fine in a previous version of PA. Also tried manually to control the food distribution, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Massive riots going on :)
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:03 am

If its happening to a lot of you, then try searching for the issue on the Mantis Bug Tracker. If you find it there, click the support button on the bottom of its page. Otherwise, create a new report and include as much information as possible.
Stealth2668
level1
level1

Postby Stealth2668 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:19 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:Have you tried adjusting your serving tables? Maybe them being next to the wall is an issue.

I don't think so, It's been like that since the beginning and the kitchen has always worked fine. Must be a bug like you suggested. This is pretty game breaking so I hope they don't wait till alpha 29 to fix this!
memory020
level1
level1

Postby memory020 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm having problems like this too. I have nearly 200 prisoners (and growing, I have it planned for about 400....). Either way, It's refusing to deliver any food to my kitchens. I'm currently negative in cash flow, but should improve shortly.

Either way, it's not delivering enough food to my kitchens to feed the prisoners...So many people mad....
dekkerss
level0

Postby dekkerss » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:43 am

From what i can see, all your cooks are running away from the part where all the cookers are. They are probably out of range, since it is to dangerous for them to be there, due to a corpse laying there. Try making a morgue, so the body can be moved away so that the cooks can continue cooking.

Another tip would be, to have the cookers spread from north to south along the wall that is connected to the canteen. this will spread out the area of your cookers, and in case something happens in the kitchen, staff can still continue cooking at the other side of it ( since it is so big ). Make a similar line with your fridges for the food, so they don't have to run around like crazy, and in turn this decreases the time needed to make meals for prisoners.

Splitting the kitchen in 2 with a wall, also decreases the chance that when an accident or fight happens in the kitchen, that your whole food supply is shut down.

Hope it helps, Dex

Edit - Typo's
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:27 am

It seems food IS being prepared in the kitchen but on logistics screen it says 'supply: 0 (+0)'. The game doesn't seem to understand the kitchen is cooking food? Perhaps de-zone and re-zone the kitchen ?

Return to “Community Members”