[BUG] Kitchen supply

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

[BUG] Kitchen supply

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 am

It seems that my cooks do want to cook, but not suuply the canteen with anything. I guarantee this is a bug in the latest Alpha, because I built my prison the same way as I did in the 2 previous ones, and nothing went wrong. And no, it doesn't matter whether I keep the canteen as open (without the Large Jail Doors) or closed (With)

This is how it looks

And here is the problem, in de Micromanagement view. Note how it says Supply 0 despite there being tonnes of meals cooked already

is this confirmed as an Aplha 28 bug, or do I need to change something?
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: [BUG] Kitchen supply

Postby blipadouzi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:06 am

I can't see what your Canteen is connected to on the right-side... but why is it connected to your Solitary Cells? Could that be causing the issue?
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:13 am

On the right side is my workshop (halfly built, so is my kitchen btw) and on the left side, top and bottom, those are solitary, but as I stated, in both Alpha 26 and 27 I buyilt my prison this way, without problems
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Trace the route supplies would take from delivery (or a storage area) to the kitchen. If supply is the problem the route is interesting. The pic posted only tells us the kitchen itself looks ok.

That it worked in previous versions isn't a guarantee that it works in newer version btw, just saying.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote:On the right side is my workshop (halfly built, so is my kitchen btw) and on the left side, top and bottom, those are solitary, but as I stated, in both Alpha 26 and 27 I buyilt my prison this way, without problems

Sorry I was not clear. What I mean is, I do not see what the Canteen is connected to on the right. The red line in the Logistics screen. I can only assume it's a Cell Block
Haz
level0

Postby Haz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm getting this problem as well. Pretty sure the supply is being broken by the road bottleneck. Simply the way importing/exporting items works is wrecking the whole prison. 1 truck can be unloaded at a time and very often they only have 1 or 2 items in there. It just doesn't work well
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Don't you have Storage area/room to handle that?
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:45 pm

blipadouzi wrote:
Hecthor Doomhammer wrote:On the right side is my workshop (halfly built, so is my kitchen btw) and on the left side, top and bottom, those are solitary, but as I stated, in both Alpha 26 and 27 I buyilt my prison this way, without problems

Sorry I was not clear. What I mean is, I do not see what the Canteen is connected to on the right. The red line in the Logistics screen. I can only assume it's a Cell Block

That is my Holding Cell. But no one lives in there.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:24 pm

I can't help but feel it has something to do with the Demand line to the Solitary cell. It looks as though only 1 Solitary Cell is being connected rather than the entire Solitary block.

Have you tried to either move the connection point to the middle of the block rather than that singular cell? Or maybe you'll need to connect each cell individually, seeing as they are not standard Cells.
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:29 pm

tHe line coming from Solitary only indicates the very center of my prison, since I wasn't done building everything and I didn't make proper cell blocks yet by putting doors at the entrances of the cellblocks.

My concern here is there is demand, there is food cooked, but supply is 0 at eating times
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Canteen looks very empty, does it have serving tables?
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Yes, they are on the left bottom side, back to back
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote:Yes, they are on the left bottom side, back to back

Oh yeah, it's the first pic in thread.. sorry about that.

I just noticed something like this in my own prison. I'm nopt sure if it's just the numbers displayed which are wrong (supply) because my prisoners aren't starving? It *is* confusing. Kitchen should start cooking several hours before relevant regime is 'eat'.

The serving tables themselves look empty, do your cooks ever come out of the kitchen with food? If so, where do they place it?
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:39 pm

No, that;s the problem, this alpha (3 attempts in total) they NEVER come out to deliver the food to the Serving Tables in this set up (strangely enough they have done in a temporary kitchen/canteen)
grimmy72
level1
level1

Postby grimmy72 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:52 pm

I never used the back-to-back serving table layout. It looks useful, but try it with it a single servering table in canteen? Just to see if somehow they can't place food on the back-to-back ones.

Return to “Community Members”