[Suggestion] New exports: Packed Food, Laundry, Clothing

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Gikgik
level1
level1

[Suggestion] New exports: Packed Food, Laundry, Clothing

Postby Gikgik » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:06 am

Prisons have many kind of labour assignments. The game could contain new kinds of export goods, linked to features already in the game.

* Object: Food Packaging Machine
Placed in Kitchen. Operated by Prisoner. Transforms cooked food into Packaged Food.
Some of the Packaged Food is stored in the fridge, to supply prisoners if the kitchen is down. Excess Packaged Food is exported.

* Object: Export Laundry Basket
Placed in Laundry Room. Provides dirty laundry from other institutions (hospitals, etc), washed to clean laundry for export.

* Object: Sewing Machine.
Placed in Workshop. Provides prison uniforms and other pieces of clothing.
Last edited by Gikgik on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] New exports: Packed Food, Laundry, Clothing

Postby WiseWoodrow » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 am

Thought this would be a post I'd just go 'sounds like it'd make a great mod' on and leave, but I actually sort of like them.
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:22 am

It's actually a good way to utilize resources that would be otherwise wasted.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

These things are not unheard of, for sure. I've read cool articles on 'prison farms' which would be a fun 'mash up' of different tycoon games.

Personally I would love somebody to mod in a 'call center' job, where prisoners spend a few hours a day answering customer service calls, generating income but also having the effect of them being able to order stuff from the outside making the 'wire tap' really important on those phones. "This call is monitored for assistance, and to make sure he is not arranging a knife to be thrown over the fence".
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:57 pm

I really like the idea of packaged food. I feel like I have a decent amount of wasted food throughout the day and it would be nice to have something to do with it.
fuzzytronics
level0

Postby fuzzytronics » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:40 pm

As well as a sewing machine you would need a cutting table so that raw material coming in can be cut into the pieces required to make clothes.
Gikgik
level1
level1

Postby Gikgik » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:35 pm

New room: Crop Field

Outdoors only. Prisoners can be assigned here to plant and harvest vegetables (cabbage, potatoes, etc), which are sent to the kitchen.
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:40 pm

WiseWoodrow wrote:Thought this would be a post I'd just go 'sounds like it'd make a great mod' on and leave, but I actually sort of like them.

I find this funny because:

Gikgik wrote:New room: Crop Field

Outdoors only. Prisoners can be assigned here to plant and harvest vegetables (cabbage, potatoes, etc), which are sent to the kitchen.

I'm certain that this one is a mod :D and a mod that was showcased in an Alpha video no less.

The Czar
dapullia
level1
level1

Postby dapullia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:30 am

Packaging Meals to Go is a good idea. I remember hearing that the local jails where I live do not cook or prepare meals for the inmates at all. Instead there is a prison in the town that prepares the meals for the jails as well and ships them out already on trays. This could be a point for making additional money by having your kitchens produce meals that are pre-packaged and shipped out to the local jail system for a consideration.
gamersglory
level0

Postby gamersglory » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Great ideas here

Return to “Community Members”