My cooks refuse to cook!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

BugPowderDust
level2
level2

Re: My cooks refuse to cook!

Postby BugPowderDust » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:41 am

RichieGrape wrote:my new alpha 27 prison is 37 days in and cooks are working fine (5 kitchens & 5 canteens & 44 cooks) ...can you guys upload a save file so we can take a look and maybe figure out where things are going bad...

Hi Richie- you can get the .prison save file from here: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=7052 , I have attached it to the bug tracker

Also, you can see a video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNbgVTqA3XI
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 pm

BugPowderDust wrote:
RichieGrape wrote:my new alpha 27 prison is 37 days in and cooks are working fine (5 kitchens & 5 canteens & 44 cooks) ...can you guys upload a save file so we can take a look and maybe figure out where things are going bad...

Hi Richie- you can get the .prison save file from here: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=7052 , I have attached it to the bug tracker

Also, you can see a video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNbgVTqA3XI

in your video it looks like the problem is all your incoming deliveries..mostly jail doors..this is caused by not having a room labeled storage (or maybe just not a big enough one)

one way you can clear those trucks a lil faster is to click one of the boxes on the trucks and click search cellblock...the guards will pick all the boxes up and place them on the ground so the trucks can leave ...

the problem in your prison is your cooks are waiting for food to arrive...its not arriving due to all your construction materials not having places to "appear(storage)" forcing manual delivery on these items

edit: further more what i do is when i'm building a large area (like you are in your video) i set the whole building (that i'm building in..in your case your new cellblock) as storage so as i'm building items are "spawning" right into the cellblock instead of having to carry items long distances

edit2: also you can temporarily make your deliveries zone larger (you can zone it on the road and even the opposite side of the road just till you get caught up on your deliveries
BugPowderDust
level2
level2

Postby BugPowderDust » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Although I think you're right, ingredients aren't arriving due to the trucks not being unloaded, I already have space in my storage area and even zoned the empty room to the north (ex-infirmary) as Storage:

...and it doesn't help. Something is causing the workers to fixate on moving wood around.

Also, the tip about searching cellblock on the crates only works on a couple of them- most of them only give you the option to dump.

edit- the setting a new build to storage is useful, cheers :)
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:56 am

My my, where are my manners? I forgot to post the .prison or a screenshot.

I'll post a screenshot, and then go round up my save in a few minutes

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =352452641

Edit:

Okay, here's the prison. Just tested it to make sure it wasn't a one-off bug. The Max-Sec consistently start a small fight or two in the Showers, so I'd assign a few guards to that area if you don't want to be disturbed by fights while examining the bug.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =353082208

It started when I changed my Canteen layout; If you look in deployment you'll noticed it's now cut in half, as I removed a sliver of room down the middle.
I did this so that I could keep Max Sec+ To their own side, and Mid sec and below to the other side. After this change, which I moved the serving tables and made a line between them, the cooks stopped cooking.
Food is in the fridge, and hunger is high. No food, though. They also don't seem to be going to the proper side of the canteen.

Thanks for the assistance.
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to discuss personally.
kalkkuna
level0

Postby kalkkuna » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm

I got once delivery failure (A27) Happen when used clone tool. Accidentally made 2 canteens when try add more size. After that prison was lost.

Fridges full, ready meals on all cookers, but _NO_ delivery. I was able to remove and made link between kitchen and canteen (but no effect). At game I try change to kitchen size, hire more staff, remove and re-install serving tables, build and remove walls between kitchen and canteen. Also try add up to 4 meals per day in regime. Removed also kitchen training for inmates. No help. Cooks will stay in kitchen. But angry inmates was able rush kitchen to stab cooks.

My ~40 normal inmates turned bad, obviously. They still survived 3 days without food, funny indeed to see that chaos. At that time give up.

I am new here, so didn't understand save failure. Will do that next time :)
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 pm

WiseWoodrow wrote:My my, where are my manners? I forgot to post the .prison or a screenshot.

I'll post a screenshot, and then go round up my save in a few minutes

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =352452641

Edit:

Okay, here's the prison. Just tested it to make sure it wasn't a one-off bug. The Max-Sec consistently start a small fight or two in the Showers, so I'd assign a few guards to that area if you don't want to be disturbed by fights while examining the bug.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =353082208

It started when I changed my Canteen layout; If you look in deployment you'll noticed it's now cut in half, as I removed a sliver of room down the middle.
I did this so that I could keep Max Sec+ To their own side, and Mid sec and below to the other side. After this change, which I moved the serving tables and made a line between them, the cooks stopped cooking.
Food is in the fridge, and hunger is high. No food, though. They also don't seem to be going to the proper side of the canteen.

Thanks for the assistance.
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to discuss personally.

Looks as if your canteen is not properly zoned. Start the game with it paused, then de-zone the entire building: canteens, kitchens, cleaning cupboards, the lot. Un-pause for a few seconds and let everything clear, then re-pause the game. Re-zone the lot, being careful to keep the canteen zones from going under doors or walls (which I suspect is the root cause). Finally, re-establish the rooms' connections as you have them now (should still work as you intended) and jobs in the cleaning cupboard.

I had this happen to me a few alpha's ago when altering a canteen - no one would eat because none, or very little if any, of the food would make it to the canteen. The canteen had parts under doors and even into rooms that didn't need to be designated anything (specifically, toilets in their own walled in stalls). The instant I re-zoned, everything started to work properly.

I can't look into your save game at the moment but I will as soon as I can if the above didn't resolve the issue. Methinks it might solve a lot of the above posts' issues, if not yours specifically.

The Czar
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:00 am

All you need to do is dezone then rezone either the top or bottom canteen and fixed; along with, the little bit of canteen under the kitchen doors.

On three separate tests, both of the items above needed to be done. Did have to relink the canteen that got rezoned on two of the three tests, not sure what I did differently. Either way, as soon as the rezone happened, they started cooking.

Your max sec is an ornery lot. But they got fed in my tests so there's that at least.

The Czar
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:44 am

czar mohab wrote:All you need to do is dezone then rezone either the top or bottom canteen and fixed; along with, the little bit of canteen under the kitchen doors.

On three separate tests, both of the items above needed to be done. Did have to relink the canteen that got rezoned on two of the three tests, not sure what I did differently. Either way, as soon as the rezone happened, they started cooking.

Your max sec is an ornery lot. But they got fed in my tests so there's that at least.

The Czar

I appreciate the assistance and will try that. Yes, they are - I'm just glad they aren't legendary.

EDIT:
It worked. Thank you very much.

Return to “Community Members”