Taser Training

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Cerro
level0

Taser Training

Postby Cerro » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Is anyone else having problems getting guards trained for tasers in Alpha 27? I have 40 guards but not one of them can complete the taser training. I've got courses booked all through the night but by the time they get to the classroom the hour is up and they go back to their regular job. They don't seem to leave their posts (security room) or patrols until the half hour mark and even when I manually force every guard on that hour of the course to go to the training room they leave to go do something else so the course never starts! Do I just need to hire a more guards to get some of them free enough? Doesn't seem right to me.
poorstudent
level2
level2

Re: Taser Training

Postby poorstudent » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Well I have just checked on my current prison and I see guards leaving their posts about half and hour before the course starts.

I have not seen any problems, I think that those on cctv/door/phone tap stations don't leave but others are fine. I have never had a problem in the past with guards not doing it. Try sacking those that don't and hiring more, maybe an hour or so before the course, reschedule and then see if it works.

Also I'm thinking is your classroom too far away?
Cerro
level0

Postby Cerro » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:25 pm

I thought it might be distance so I moved the course to a small classroom close to the security room and other areas where the guards work - no difference. The best I get is several of the guards in the room and the chief is "preparing" but the class never starts before the hour is up. I'll see if sacking/hiring works.
poorstudent
level2
level2

Postby poorstudent » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Just another thought, with the new update you can personally move about the schedule.

Try moving the taser programs to a night slot or other times when guards should have not a lot to do or will have more time to get tot the classes.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:00 am

I've noticed that if the chief doesn't get to the classroom before the class starts, the class doesn't run. Students can arrive late, but the teacher MUST get there before the hour.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:24 am

5hifty wrote:I've noticed that if the chief doesn't get to the classroom before the class starts, the class doesn't run. Students can arrive late, but the teacher MUST get there before the hour.

True...

To respond to the orig question, try see if you have any reform program mods installed.
Gangrene
level1
level1

Postby Gangrene » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:42 pm

I think it may be that your training course has to be on a working time in the regime... My gaurds wouldn't train unless it was during a prisoner work time. A bug maybe?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:47 pm

i have noticed any tazor training before 6am fail ...not sure how late they can run though...i assume it can only be run durring day hours or something like that
kalkkuna
level0

Postby kalkkuna » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 pm

All night session have failed. Daytime training worked.

Btw, my 1st post to forum. Had this by Humble Bundle and didn't try until now at A27. This is hilarious game. Have now spend 1 week for try -> error learning curve :)

Return to “General”