[suggestion] Only upgrade security status if cells available

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Robbedem
level2
level2

[suggestion] Only upgrade security status if cells available

Postby Robbedem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:51 am

I made a normal security prison and it has a problem. When prisoners with the trait snitch enter the prison, they have a tendency to be beaten to death by other prisoners. Those prisoners then get automaticly set to maximum security, but I don't have any maximum security facilities.
Therefore I propose that one of the following is implemented:
- don't upgrade the security status of a prisoner when there are no free cells available for that status (not prefered)
- allow the player to transfer unwanted prisoners (this could be either the snitches or the killers) out their prison for a fee. I prefer this solution because this seems more realistic and would fit well in the game.

EDIT, just realised that the title is not very fitting... can it be changed to "solution for unwanted prisoners" or something?
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Re: [suggestion] Only upgrade security status if cells avail

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 am

very nice suggestion-tho I have to say it never happens to me.

WORKAROUND: Just set all your facilities to shared until you make max-sec facilities.
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:33 am

Well if you have an entirely mid-sec prison, it shouldn't matter anyways? All the areas could be put as shared and the max sec prisoner (or, slightly more violent mid sec prisoner) would just be in the prison.

They don't get more violent just because they're changed to max sec, not promoting them to that level only removes the ability to tell who is slightly worse than the rest of the mid-sec.
The transfer idea is still nice, though.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Postby Robbedem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:51 pm

It's actually a minimum and a normal security block, so setting to shared isn't really a good solution. For now I just have to reassign all maximum security back to normal security.
Reeferken
level1
level1

Postby Reeferken » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:08 am

There should be a notification (apple growl style) saying

Paul has killed 13 people and a dog on his latest rampage. In 24 hours he'll be upgrade to max sec.
Upgrade now / Agknowledge / cancel upgrade
Wighty76
level0

Postby Wighty76 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 pm

I wouldn't mind if they added the total cell capacity for each security rating on the prisoners tab. It would make it easier to initially sort your incoming prisoners if you could instantly see how many empty cells you have.

Return to “Community Members”