[BEWARE] Possible virus?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

emil2205
level0

[BEWARE] Possible virus?

Postby emil2205 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Hey! Today, I was just watching some forums, and such, when my antivirus program came up and said it was removing a virus. I checked where the virus was, and it seemed to come from the Prison Architect folders.
Its a trojan, for those of you who wants to know.
If noone else finds anything, then it might have been in a mod, which is pretty unlikely as I have very few mods.

Sincerly, new Forum poster who just wanted to warn you all! :D
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: [BEWARE] Possible virus?

Postby knoest26 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Prison Architect isn't a virus, as long as you got it from one of the three legitimate sources.

I also don't see how a mod could be a virus as it should only contain three types of files (png, lua and txt)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

It is also possible that it was a false positive. Prison Architect seems to get those with some frequency.

xander
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 am

xander wrote:It is also possible that it was a false positive. Prison Architect seems to get those with some frequency.

xander

Correct. Email the anti-virus makers so they can approve PA.exe and take away the warning in future versions of their software.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:59 am

xander wrote:It is also possible that it was a false positive. Prison Architect seems to get those with some frequency.

xander

i've noticed this too on multiple games lately...started happening right after a steam patch (note every game i have linked to steam had this issue) so it appears to be triggered by something that steam is doing
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:23 am

RichieGrape wrote:

xander

i've noticed this too on multiple games lately...started happening right after a steam patch (note every game i have linked to steam had this issue) so it appears to be triggered by something that steam is doing

maybe.... Thats possible
emil2205
level0

Postby emil2205 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Sorry if this is seen as bumping, I am not that much on these forums (EDIT: NEVER on the forums) and I forgot the URL :/
So, it may be a virus already being on my PC, as I had a virus before. I thought I got rid of it... Damn...
Oh well, I'm gonna try to Email F-Secure and see what they say.
Thanks for the tips :)

Return to “General”