An argument for having a level beyond Super-Max

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dangerous-D
level1
level1

Re: An argument for having a level beyond Super-Max

Postby Dangerous-D » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:26 pm

I'd be interested in another category, or a working Execution room.

I've currently got a Super Max inmate who came in with an 88 year sentance for Aggravated Burglary and multiple Armed Robberies, however 13 days have passed and he is now serving a 788 year sentence for multiple murders inside my prison

Unless my guards kill him he is definitely going to reach 1000+ years
vicwarrior
level0

Postby vicwarrior » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Nothing that can't be solved with freefire armed guards and (as i mentioned) allowing the prisonier to overdose (give him an office right in his cell/visitation/private exterior yard where contraband can be thrown in)
Deadmeat238
level0

Postby Deadmeat238 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:19 am

Just a thought, in line with how to develop the super-max concept...
How about a second training course for guards (maybe a multi day one with a fail rate so only the 'best' pass) that enables them to better suppress/overpower more dangerous prisoners?

Maybe even make them a seperate staff type (that instead of being bought must be trained) which would then allow them to be specificially deployed into the max/super wings?
an otter
level1
level1

Postby an otter » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 am

Everyone's talking about ways to hole away or kill off problem prisoners but I think the game needs more rehab options, and honestly, no human in reality acts like some of these guys act.

They kick off way too often. The vast majority of inmates regret their decisions, or at least getting caught, and want to just ride out their stay. I think the aggressiveness in general of inmates needs tweaking, or at least forced rehab or forced anger management/therapy options should be available.

One of the unaddressed problems is the inmates still need to freely move from place to place to maintain their needs, but in reality someone who literally kills everyone within arms reach would never leave their cell, and all their needs would be brought to them. Including therapy options, rehab options, food, you name it. Secluding away inmates is still very difficult in game.
RFC3514
level1
level1

Postby RFC3514 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:46 am

Korthal wrote:My proposal is this: above Max-Sec, there should be a Paul Class. Prisoners in the Paul Class are sent to 1x1 isolation cells, where they are permanently sequestered for the safety of all the other prisoners. Meals can be brought through a sliding door, and a grate in the floor would function as the facilities for a Paul Class prisoner.

Personally, I think the game should come with only three predefined groups (min, med, max) and the allow players to create as many extra groups as they want (ex., "MedSec North Block", "MedSec South Block", "Super Duper Max", "Skinny Guys", "Conan O'Briens", "Volatile Conan O'Briens", etc.), with a schedule (and block access control) for each group.

However, I think your proposal allows even further simplification; the game could place prisoners, by default, into just two groups: "Paul" and "Not Paul".
REDDQ
level1
level1

Postby REDDQ » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Lol, I got yet another Paul.

Now this is Uber Paul because he is Paul THE SNITCH.

I don't even have time or patience to deal with him. RIP, never to be seen again,
an otter
level1
level1

Postby an otter » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:01 am

A legendary snitch would be amusing. I wonder if the kill_nearby_snitches algorithm has a self preservation condition when it comes to snitches that would obliterate most other inmates.
an otter
level1
level1

Postby an otter » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:02 am

a _nope condition, if you will
REDDQ
level1
level1

Postby REDDQ » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:54 am

I checked, he wondered around prison without getting assaulted for a while... until he decided to flip and it got 4 guards killed in attempt to overpower him.
Kortak
level0

Postby Kortak » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:51 pm

WHy not just add deadrow...

people like this need the chair

low sec - normal sec- max sec - super max - deadrow (death penalty..can be with governer interaction or dont kill him but he is away from normal pop.). I see you can already build the elec chair
MadManAdam
level1
level1

Postby MadManAdam » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Pigeon9441 wrote:Might just justify death row to get rid of Mr. Killalot

Yes!!
Petrini
level1
level1

Postby Petrini » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Dont you mean a "Garland Greene-class"? :twisted:

The solution to your problem is actually easy... Build a mini-wing for Paul... A cell with 2 doors: Door #1 leads to a 5x5 yard, door #2 leads to a 5x5 cantine containing 1 serving table, 1 table and 1 bench. (cantine would ofcourse be connected to kitchen via a small "staff only" room (guarded by an armed guard or two).
Put a shower, tv and a phone in the cell and bench press in the yard. Paul will never meet another person again and have all his needs met, except for the booze... and when he flips over that the armed guards are there to taze him.

Sectus
level0

Postby Sectus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:45 pm

That is an incredible amount of traits. I've only ever had prisoners with two at most. Regardless, just treat him like Hannibal Lecter. Give these prisoners the class "Ultra Max" and have them wear solid black uniforms with a lil' skull on it. Like others have said before, they are in their cell all the time, face several searches a day, and are showered via a hose that sprays them down through the food grate in their door.
Boltie
level0

Postby Boltie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:21 pm

They could maybe bring in a prisoner 'override' regime that presents itself in the prisoner profile screen. You tick a box and a regime specifically for that prisoner can be setup. They could have their own 23 hour lock-down that way.
Trumbettoo
level1
level1

Postby Trumbettoo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:17 pm

What to do with volatile copkillers? Those guys last for 2 days...and I lose 10k $

Return to “Community Members”