1v1 Tournament Match Networking

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: 1v1 Tournament Sign Up

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:28 am

AO, it is a single elimination two people go in one person comes out as a winner. There will be no brackets there will be no extra stuff it will be a short sweet tournament for everyone. Unless I did my math wrong, wtch is okay we have plenty of time to work everything out. I always tripple check everything before we start to ensure a smooth tourny.
Rad Poison
level2
level2

Postby Rad Poison » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 am

atomic oracle wrote:it seems to me that your magic number of entrents is 16. Then you have equal amounts of players on each side of the brackets(8) and it ends up down to just two remaining for the championship.its has to be either 8, 16, or 32 players to come down to 2. Any other numbers to start and you will have to give somebody a free pass onto the next round along the way. Maybe you have something else in mind but for single elimination, lose and your out type of game there is no other way.

-I think AO is referring to something like this (single elimination, '2 brackets')

-which also can be displayed like this (single elimination, '1 bracket'). Technicaly it's the same, only the layout is different:

To avoid free passes, use one of AO's magic numbers.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 am

Hmm okay, been out of town for a few days and 2morow so been pretty distracted to relize. Sounds good 16 players it is. So we only need 4 more players (: It only take me 60 seconds to set up server and sure vsj can setup basic website for Recs in short time too. Only need 4 more and this show will be on the road before you know it.
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Postby atomic oracle » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:40 am

now you just hafto decide once you get 16 on how to randomly place them for the first rounds of play and then it takes care of itself. You have this wired my friend.
Blitzkrieg
level0

Postby Blitzkrieg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:48 am

Blitzkrieg
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: 1v1 Tournament Sign Up [OVER]

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:43 pm

There are 4 Tournament Authorities listed in page 1 of this thread. We are pretty much Judges/Officers. If there is a disputed game all 4 Authorities will watch and vote on Rec on what ever disputed game. We also have the power to disqualify any player for any foul play or very un sportmenship behavior.

Rules and in depth server setting will be announced tomorow or if server and Rec site operational before the day ends. To give an idea for server settings, it will be random territory, spectating allowed, and all around default settings. BUT there is a 3 hour count down timer. Once the 3 hour timer hits zero game over no matter what.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:There are 4 Tournament Authorities listed in page 1 of this thread. We are pretty much Judges/Officers. If there is a disputed game all 4 Authorities will watch and vote on Rec on what ever disputed game. We also have the power to disqualify any player for any foul play or very un sportmenship behavior.

Rules and in depth server setting will be announced tomorow or if server and Rec site operational before the day ends. To give an idea for server settings, it will be random territory, spectating allowed, and all around default settings. BUT there is a 3 hour count down timer. Once the 3 hour timer hits zero game over no matter what.

thought it was a 2 hour max game time.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:35 pm

My bad, thought we said three.
VSj
level2
level2

Postby VSj » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Tournament server and website are up.

Server name: "1v1 tournament.defcon.vsj.fi".
Recordings will be available at http://tournament.defcon.vsj.fi/

For now the server is running with my EUvsRU server's auth key. VSj's 1v1 - EUvsRU random will be back online as soon as I get another key for the tournament server.

I'll still be doing a few test games on it.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:41 pm

VSj wrote:For now the server is running with my EUvsRU server's auth key. VSj's 1v1 - EUvsRU random will be back online as soon as I get another key for tournament

Sorry I am unable to acsess my Computer to view or get any of my Keys. Witch I find ironic cause I have many lol. Thank you VSj you always pull through with flying colors! (:
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Mrmot
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Mrmot wrote:Mrmot

Why don't u replace me. Been out of town hole week and with this weather not sure when able to go home. Plus my skills don't come close to any players listed cause I just cant play like I usr too. Life is pretty busy for me.

Also no gamed played yet so no rematches or major changes needed.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:01 am

Sicilian...as the man(or pretty boy who bringed a hot attention on Senator :mrgreen: ) who proposed this tournament its not right for U to abandon it. This shows that U were not serious about it. You think rest of us dont have private life to think about? If I think about it I should abandon it also? what the rest of U thinks?
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Just let whomever plays first with Megadeath stay in tourney; I hope Mrmot is serious.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:53 pm

I can't help I'm stuck 9 cities over. No not walking that far, plus its literally 3 degrees with wind shield at -10 / -20 for the past two weeks. All my friends & family are "ratchet" cars and all have beaters that wouldn't make it to the next city over.

Return to “General”