+30 guards die on a daily basis

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

spectacularnono18
level2
level2

+30 guards die on a daily basis

Postby spectacularnono18 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Yup. All because of legendary prisoners. Each one kills atleast 7 per day. I like A25 and all but this kind of breaks the game...

No I dont want to kill the legendary prisoners.
ble210
level1
level1

Re: +30 guards die on a daily basis

Postby ble210 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Yeah its pretty unbalanced right now. There definitely need to be some tweaks to the reputation system. As it is right now, every day is a bloodbath.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Armed Guards, Weapons free. Better to kill 1 prisoner per day to suppress 12 others, than to lose 7 guards
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Armed guards + free fire on. Every prisoner that has "fearless" will become immediately suppressed ONLY when a guard fires his shotgun and or kills another prisoner in front of them. OR you can manually edit your save file by searching the dudes name or legendary, and remove the line for fearless/copkiller/snitch. And as long as his regime doesn't suck, he'll get along fine in your prison. OR you can lock him in solitary for 300 hours and say good night as he's hauled out dead. I have about 10 legendarys, and unless they have copkiller or snitch, they aren't usually a problem. (and no I didn't edit out their stats)

Just remember the cost here also 4 armed guards = daily upkeep cost of 14 regular tazer guards!
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:19 pm

They currently are a bit OP indeed. It will probably even out when we'll get guard upgrades and more regime control
McLumberjack
level2
level2

Postby McLumberjack » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:44 pm

I don't mind the power of the legendary prisoners, though you might think otherwise given my first post about them, I grew to love my enormous psychopath, in his own way.

What's missing are a few tools to deal with them more neatly. Proper reform and security options, and an immovable finish line dictated by lifespan or execution dates, because at the moment they rack up such a massive sentence that they're basically yours until you make a mistake and kill them. It's when you realise that that dark thoughts of elaborate extra-judicial executions start to form, because if they're going to die anyway why not just cut to it.
Quorg
level1
level1

Postby Quorg » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:30 am

I actually don't have too many problems with my 2 Legendary prisoners in Supermax. I always keep 2 armed guards and 3+ regular guards stationed in that section and keep them on lockdown 21 hours per day (2 1-hour meals and 2 1-hour free times in a heavily-guarded supermax common room). I also keep them separate from any areas that could provide contraband and do not allow them into the infirmary. They have their own separate section, completely isolated from all other prisoners. All that plus regular block searches keeps them down. They usually get tazed once or twice per day.

One of them killed a guard but he was disposed of immediately by an armed guard.
keep_on
level1
level1

Postby keep_on » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:40 pm

McLumberjack wrote:and an immovable finish line dictated by lifespan or execution dates

Maybe that's the futur purpose of the Electric Chair, put an end at your legendary's bloody life.

+1
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Too many people are raging about the execution chair, but I think as a compromise to both party's for and against it. That it should be a tool, and then make it optional to to accept death row inmates (more dangerous than max tier) or transfer them off at a charge.

This will allow players to just "keep the guy forever" Sell him off to another prison, or to actually execute him. I do not think the player should be able to hand pick prisoners for execution either, with the exception of those dudes that massacre 30 guys in your prison could get upgraded to deathrow, and have cop killer added. Which honestly just adding copkiller to your trouble makers will basically have them executed anyway.

1 Example is I could accept all deathrow and max inmates only, and make a huge profit prison, with armed guards everywhere but then refuse to build the electric chair, and just keep them as supermax or something, and get more money.
Or if your feeling dark, you could run executions every day. After all this is a video game, nobody is gonna get hurt from it.
excessusfame
level0

Postby excessusfame » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Think you need a supermax sector to house them in your prison. Dont allow them to enter your kitchen or workshop or any places where they can get their hands on weapons. Barehanded prisoners are easy to handle with tazer guards.. if they get a weapon they will just kill your guard and start murdering spree. Also keep them away from staff and other inmates if not you find alot of deaths in your prison.
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 pm

anyone with volatile+fearless or deadly = no workshop or kitchen! But having metal detectors everywhere, I find it perfectly fine to let the max inmates work. Just don't let PC or supermax work... Well, at least not the kitchen or workshop.
zarrrt
level1
level1

Postby zarrrt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Super Max are op at the moment but can easily be contained.

My solution (with no deaths yet) is to build them there own cell block with attached canteen and solitary. No yard or shower times, just lock down and eating (2x 1hr per day). No armed guards in there in case the prisoners kill them and get the guns. Just 2 guards with Tasers for every 5 inmates. Plus a sniffer dog on the entrance.

If they get rowdy they get tasered and put in solitary for 24+ (yes a very harsh prison policy). Okay so they don't reform, but on the plus side they can't get any contraband, and they are searched twice daily just in case. As they don't kill anyone they eventually get released which is a result.

P.s any one of the following means a prisoner gets placed irreversibly in supermax: characteristics; legendary, volatile, cop killer, deadly. misdemeanors; murder, attacked staff and escape attempt. As a result the rest of my prisons are pretty smooth (except the odd guy who i miss locking up in supermax :P )
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Don't forget if they kill a regular guard they can pickup his keys and tazer, baton also...
MFWIC
level2
level2

Postby MFWIC » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:50 pm

xPyr0x wrote:Don't forget if they kill a regular guard they can pickup his keys and tazer, baton also...

Ever have a legendary with the extremely deadly trait manage to get a shotgun? Lots of fun and games ensue.
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:02 am

MFWIC wrote:
xPyr0x wrote:Don't forget if they kill a regular guard they can pickup his keys and tazer, baton also...

Ever have a legendary with the extremely deadly trait manage to get a shotgun? Lots of fun and games ensue.

Luckily no, I have enough armed guards around that shotgun blasts go off and ventilate the guys fighting guards before that happens. And the rest, fearless or not, surrender.
On the other hand, most of these badasses actually survive at least 1 shotgun hit... So they usually just get knocked out. Some die, most don't.

Return to “Community Members”