Door Servo and Perimeter Wal

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Tindrith
level0

Door Servo and Perimeter Wal

Postby Tindrith » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:40 am

Is it intentional, that one can not place door servos on perimeter wall pieces in the alpha 25?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: Door Servo and Perimeter Wal

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Confirmed

so door servos can no longer be placed on perimeter walls...not sure if this is a bug or intended

door servos now also require a direct power source(most of the time) it seems to be dependent on what direction the servo is facing...door servo takes up 2blocks...only 1 of the 2 blocks accept a power source..so if the server is turned the block that requires the power supply ends up in the wall..forcing you to hardwire that servo (instead of using the power supplied to that room)

Edit...relocated my post here..didn't notice this post already
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Something I discovered while fixing one of my prisons. I'm not sure if this is new from A25 or has been around for while. But Electric Wire cannot be built through Perimeter walls. I imagine this is also related to servos not attaching to the wall.

But it seems to be in the hardcode, because in the materials file, neither the perimeter wall, electric cable nor servo has a blockedby parameter.

That being said, the Servo does have a AttachtoWall False parameter.
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Well the fact that servos now require electricity directly wired to them makes its a HUGE pain in the arse. They could of worked like the light bulbs... But I believe both that change and unable to place them on perimeter walls is intended.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:15 am

The servo electricity thing, from what I can tell, is a bug. Servos should act like lights and become powered if they are placed on a powered tile in the utilities view. From what I can see, installing a servo with its gear facing north, and with its gear facing east causes the issue to appear for me.
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:08 am

@blipadouzi - I had never been able to run electrical / pipe under the perimiter wall always had to route them through a door.

For the door servos all of mine that were inside a building auto connected to the power grid. The ones I had outside in my walls I had to direct connect.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 am

Robert wrote:@blipadouzi - I had never been able to run electrical / pipe under the perimiter wall always had to route them through a door.

Ahh, thanks for the FYI... I've never had to run utilities outside till now lol.

Robert wrote:For the door servos all of mine that were inside a building auto connected to the power grid. The ones I had outside in my walls I had to direct connect.

Same here, everything is working perfectly except the road gates and the main entrance into the prison. (Which have been fixed)
pstavis
level0

Postby pstavis » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Any news from the developers? My prison relies alot on servos and it is pretty broken now...
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:44 am

As a workaround, wherever you need a servo over a perimeter wall, just convert it into a concrete (or brick) wall. This will then allow you to place the servo. (You only need to convert the one tile of wall)
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:13 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:As a workaround, wherever you need a servo over a perimeter wall, just convert it into a concrete (or brick) wall. This will then allow you to place the servo. (You only need to convert the one tile of wall)

yea..and lets face it the door is the weak spot anyways so having a single concrete wall on either side of the door just allows you to run 2 separate power lines under the wall..without really reducing security in any way

Return to “Community Members”