The AI also doesn't respond very well to shootouts.
I therefore suggest some new features:
disclaimer: I know the rules state one suggestion per thread, but seeing as all these suggestions are on the same subject. I will post them all here anyway. Also, some of these things might have already been suggested. Please don't whine about it.
Three fire modes: (these are toggled with the same button, and will make it change color.)
- Hold Fire: Guards will only use their firearms as melee weapons, in case they are not armed with a baton. They may still try to intimidate prisoners by pointing their weapon at them. White
- Non-Lethal: Guards will threaten misbehaving prisoners with their firearms, making them surrender. If the prisoner refuses to surrender, they will fire non-lethal ammunition (bean bags). Orange
- Lethal: Guards will fire potentially lethal ammunition at misbehaving prisoners, after they refuse to surrender. Red
- Low change of accidents whereby an Armed Guard accidentally shoots a prisoner while attempting to force surrender. (This will add more risk to having armed guards.)
- Firearms can be used as melee weapons, although a little less effective than batons. There is very low chance the prisoner grabs the weapon during melee, this chance also depends on the prisoner's traits.
- Research to arm Armed Guards with Batons. Eliminating the risk of prisoners grabbing a weapon during melee.
- Armed Guards and prisoners take cover behind corners, ... during a shootout.
- Half-height materials to take cover behind, such as sandbags and metal covers. This has to be researched.
- Prisoners will get less and less suppressed by Armed Guards over time, up to a certain minimum depending on the prisoner's traits. The suppression effect will reset itself once an Armed Guard successfully uses a firearm on a prisoner.
- Ability to shoot through non-solid objects, such as jail doors.
- Firearms need ammunition, of which Armed Guards carry a limited amount. The Armoury needs ammo boxes, these contain a large amount of ammunition for all weapons. They are automatically bought, just like Bleach.
- Ability to shoot manually, using the same mechanics as the Firefighter's hose.