Anyone expecting the game going to tablets?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

mastershake
level0

Re: Anyone expecting the game going to tablets?

Postby mastershake » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:43 pm

I played PA on my dell venue 8 pro (win 8.1) with the active sylus. It was amazing. I was literally drawing my prison out. It was a really interesting way to interact with PA. I don't play like that still because the stylus itself is buggy and PA isn't completely made for touch interaction. I hope at least to get PC touch controls. As stated above just an option to pick tablet mode and some extra ui buttons are available.( how do you save/exit with no ESC key)
EmilFr
level0

Postby EmilFr » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:27 pm

There are references to iPad in the symbols in the Linux binaries, so it seems they might already have begun experimenting with this.
AbandonedWolf
level1
level1

Postby AbandonedWolf » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:41 pm

Personally I think they need to solve some comparibity issues with Mac / Linux and they should get a bigger audience?
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:14 am

Personally, with the huge CPU bottleneck, I don't see a way to work on this on tablets yet.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:08 am

111none wrote:Personally, with the huge CPU bottleneck, I don't see a way to work on this on tablets yet.

That is the one I was wondering. So I bet the game will be the most DOWNGRADED edition for Tablet. But still wondering this: Why not console over than Tablet?
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:42 am

I doubt IV would downgrade the game just for tablets. Personally, I think the game was designed for the computers in mind. (They based it off subversion) However, I'm pretty sure they could port this to console. But Xbox requires a multiplayer function, (Not sure if that is possible.)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:15 am

111none wrote:I doubt IV would downgrade the game just for tablets. Personally, I think the game was designed for the computers in mind. (They based it off subversion) However, I'm pretty sure they could port this to console. But Xbox requires a multiplayer function, (Not sure if that is possible.)

Well, the game will have difficulties going to Xbox consoles since their policy and so on, PS4 is indie friendly and has touchpad which can behave as mouse pad but oh well, let's wait what will happen.

Return to “Community Members”