[Suggestion] Spoon supply

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dutex
level0

[Suggestion] Spoon supply

Postby Dutex » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:38 am

Alpha 24 took away spoons and forks from canteen.

Personally i think it is bit too artificial solution to problem where your spoon steal rate is

Myself i could have seen this kind of solution, this could affect whole contraband system:

1. Prisoner cannot steal contraband if there is guard or CCTV camera close. -> Purpose to assign/put them there where contraband supply is high.
2. For every 10 prisoners one guard prevents them to steal contraband near him. If there is more than 10 prisoners, some of them is not guarded and can steal contraband.
3. Active CCTV camera can monitor up to 5 prisoners preventing them to steal contraband. If there is more than 5 prisoners some of them is not monitored and can steal contraband.
4. System stack up, two guards prevents 20 prisoners to steal contraband and so on.
5. If there is metal detector or dog at their path from picking place to own cell they think twice do they take the contraband.
6. They also could drop or hide contraband if they find out that they must go through metal detector or dog to get where they want.
7. Prisoners try to pick moments when there is no staff near them or there is big crowd around them before they pick up contraband.
8. Risk of being seen. As prisoner picks up contraband there could been small chance that someone sees them and automated search is assigned (This is not neccesarity)

I know there might be some of these features already in motion by some aspect but this is my solution to the outrageous stealing rate of the spoon.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Spoon supply

Postby Inge Jones » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:49 am

[s]I don't see Alpha 24 on the downloads page?[/s]

Oh never mind - I needed to do ctrl-f5
Sarasua
level0

Postby Sarasua » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:30 pm

I personally think that having the prisoners learn could be more effective, for example, if they get continuously caught stealing spoons and punished they will stop doing it except if they have a big reason to risk for punishment (like having a plan that requires spoons or something like that).

This could be achieved by adding a hidden value on each contraband provider that represents the "danger" of stealing from it, when a prisoner is caught with contraband the number goes up a certain amount, more if he is detected quickly (the moment he exits the canteen and triggers a metal detector) and less if he is caught later (a few hours later, entering his cell block) After some time has passed the number won't go up even if the prisoner is caught because they don't connect the provider with the reason they got busted.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 pm

I'd have made it that they were put off stealing spoons by a factor of how many guards in the canteen, and presence of metal detectors. Thus an insecure canteen would have lots of spoons stolen and a secure one, very few, but still some by prisoners who have not much to lose or who are in a particular state of mind.

Return to “Community Members”