(Suggestion) Snitches need more work, heres an idea

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

CJH
level2
level2

(Suggestion) Snitches need more work, heres an idea

Postby CJH » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Wow, i really liked the new alpha 24 video! Snitches! so cool! finally. Maybe 44% of all contraband in prison however is too much? Too see others planned actions, tunnels, contraband in prison, 44% is a bit much for one person too know about, because i bet even prisoners lay in mind that there are snitches about so they wont exactly go talking to whoever. Maybe a snitch should know more about more local prisoners in general (prisoners he hangs out with and integrates more with, could be via work, or a person he hangs out with) that live closer to his cell for exemple? Guess gangs shouldnt be too far away now in upcoming alphas. Gangs will probably lead to more planned escapes with a small group. Which could lead too snipertowers and free to fire zones. Will lead to an "informal boss" of the prison, who runs drugs, planned attacks, and power inside the walls etc. Gang fights aswell. Maybe if you where to make a prison gang leader or lets say his second leader in command in a gang a snitch maybe then you could get more info about whats going on in your prison. The higher in hierarchy the more % of contraband and planned stuff will be snitched from him? Since he knows more whats really cooking. Just an idea
5hifty
level4
level4

Re: (Suggestion) Snitches need more work, heres an idea

Postby 5hifty » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:44 pm

My first snitch could see 66% of my contraband.
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 pm

I have a couple that have 100+ days in Prison that say 100% coverage.
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Robert wrote:I have a couple that have 100+ days in Prison that say 100% coverage.

Thats still waaaaay too much even if they been in the prison that long. I love the idea but i think it should be turned down allot. By the way i cant see the percent on how much contraband they can spot. Where do i see it ingame?
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 am

Contraband > Informants > Coverage.

Oh yeah I think the CI are broken. Just watching the release video made me think that. 3 minutes of gameplay confirmed it for me. I really don't think they should have released them in their current state, but you cpd tell that they had nothing else ready.
Pegasus2
level1
level1

Postby Pegasus2 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:31 am

I don't think snitches should display the % of coverage they show.

Someone else said to show this they would have to know 100% of what was happening in the prison, which they woudn't. From a gameplay perspective as well it should only give you a small view into what is happening.
spectacularnono18
level2
level2

Postby spectacularnono18 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:32 am

5hifty wrote:Oh yeah I think the CI are broken. Just watching the release video made me think that. 3 minutes of gameplay confirmed it for me.

Why would you say they are broken?
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:23 am

Searching anything while the snitch is active causes suspicion to go up, regardless of if it is related to the snitch or not. Snitches can show extremely large amounts of the contraband in your prison. Simply activating the snitch, clicking on a prisoner with contraband, clicking deactivate, clicking search prisoner, clicking activate, with a security room with a idle guard, means you can find all the contraband with no suspicion. The way they work is sitting idle in a room, possibly for days on end, raising all their needs. Any other bugs/OP need I'm missing?

Return to “Community Members”