Anyone expecting the game going to tablets?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekillergreece
level4
level4

Anyone expecting the game going to tablets?

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:09 pm

I filled out the survey on my "powerful" big inched tablet.

Cant wait for the game to be ported to tablet. But I doubt if it will be 100% same since PC are different from tablets(Completely different from consoles). Like, cut out some pathfinding, inteligence etc. Tablets have 1.4ghz quad cores, from what I know so..

How about you? I am waiting for the game to be ported to tablet too!
CJH
level2
level2

Re: Anyone expecting the game going to tablets?

Postby CJH » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I filled out the survey on my "powerful" big inched tablet.

Cant wait for the game to be ported to tablet. But I doubt if it will be 100% same since PC are different from tablets(Completely different from consoles). Like, cut out some pathfinding, inteligence etc. Tablets have 1.4ghz quad cores, from what I know so..

I dont like this idea moving prison architect to tablets. I much more want devs to complete this game as good as possible before looking into even more plattforms.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 pm

CJH wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I filled out the survey on my "powerful" big inched tablet.

I dont like this idea moving prison architect to tablets. I much more want devs to complete this game as good as possible before looking into even more plattforms.

Maybe that. But there more features they will add, the more laggy it becomes so therefore tablet edition will have a lot scrapped features in order to be optimized properly I guess
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:26 pm

No.
Pruvan
level2
level2

Postby Pruvan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:57 pm

I sincerely hope they don't waste their time trying to port the game to tablets before fixing the compatibility issues that already exist on Mac and Linux, and just downright finishing the game up first at that.
AbandonedWolf
level1
level1

Postby AbandonedWolf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:02 pm

I personally think it would be a great idea but too many issue surrounds prison architect for computers at the moment. As mentioned above when they fix the combustibility and maybe add some more editions to the game it would then get more sales as the popularity of PA rises.
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:50 pm

The in game poll/message of the day is kind of screwy. It asks what OS you would like to play PA on then it asks what mobile device you have - no option to vote against this tablet nonsense. I suggest we be very clear - click "other" then write that you're only interested in a PC version.
Bobjr
level0

Postby Bobjr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:26 pm

I have to agree with other users on this. A tablet version would be great but after the PC/Linux/Mac etc editions are done. Get it to full release then go spend resources on the tablet version.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Maybe Chris hired more developers, the reason why he asks for tablet edition
piotrulos
level0

Postby piotrulos » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 am

I think they should add touch interface setting for existing PC version, so playing on windows 8.1 tablets will be easiest. This option should be in game settings or on launch window in steam, near "launch in safe mode" called "Launch in touch friendly interface".

I tried current version on windows tablet, but current interface is unplayable by touch.
dooferorg
level1
level1

Postby dooferorg » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:30 am

The old adage of being certain you can walk before you can run, etc.

I can only imagine how much this game would melt tablets when it can bring fast PCs to their knees currently. :D
Kingsix
level0

Postby Kingsix » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:36 am

I sure hope they don't bother with tablets, at least until the PC version is much further along, or unless somehow they are certain it will not slow down improvement of the game. And also they shouldn't bother for a few years until tablets can handle it. Unless its a super dumbed down version?
Fatso666
level0

Postby Fatso666 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:40 am

The notion of moving to tablet at this stage is rather worrying as it diverts time away from developing actual new features or smashing bugs.

Finish the story mode, then start thinking about tablets.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:36 pm

I thiiiink, the game would be better on consoles(PS4 particularly) over than tablets which have small processors
DarknessEyes
level2
level2

Postby DarknessEyes » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:30 pm

i dont even have a tablet and this is not a game for a tablet imo...

Return to “Community Members”