Nobody's In the Queue for AA/Chemical Program

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: Nobody's In the Queue for AA/Chemical Program

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:54 am

TheSpad wrote:
I had this issue because I had two workshops, one with and one without carpentry tables and no matter what I do they insist on holding the Carpentry Apprenticeship in the workshop without carpentry tables. I've been having to "unworkshop" my other workshop room every day so that there's only one place they can go and then reassign it as a workshop once the program is complete.

yea i haven't gotten around to the second workshop in this prison yet so thats not it...i think the problem is how many people are working in there...i have 20 inmates in my workshop..i think they are taking up all the spaces in the room not letting the prisoners who want to take the coarse any room to "come to work"

also a simple workaround for your problem is to mod the game...change what staff member teaches the class to a worker..that way you can set up multiple classes at the same time and all get taught (at least it worked in the previous alpha..haven't tried it on this one)
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 pm

I am beginning to wonder if the workshop program is bugged too. I had loads of people doing the training programs before updating to Alpha23. I have loads interested but no one turns up. I stopped all punishments so there was very little suppression, stopped all jobs everywhere so that prisoners would have enough free time to attend training. And played it out for several days to see what would happen. The foreman himself only turned up a couple of times and wandered in and out a couple times. I added more workmen in case the foreman was simply too busy to teach, but still no luck. I am afraid I think Alpha23 might have broken a couple things.
IITurboMikeII
level0

Postby IITurboMikeII » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:37 am

I was having the same problem (carpentry class had interested and qualified prisoners, but no queue). I have 2 workshops, one with carpentry tables, one without. I added tables to the first one, and viola, queue for carpentry class.
m1n1cooper
level1
level1

Postby m1n1cooper » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Aregul wrote:So this one actually made me join Mantis as well as finally post on the forum... I was hoping there might be a work-around.

there is a work around for this in a way on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

this only sorts the problem out in a quick fix way as every prisoner that wants to go on the program will do but its better than nobody going on it
AR19Elite
level1
level1

Postby AR19Elite » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 am

I have prisoners interested in shop and kitchen classes (haven't started them yet), and plenty of work getting done in cleaning and laundry. None of the drug or alcohol programs are getting interest or sign ups. Not even the referral based therapy. Also noticed this starting with Alpha 23. (Will support on Mantis)

On a quick side note: Carpentry has always been very difficult. It can make insane amounts of income if successful, only for inmates to want to participate they must be very very happy in addition to having passed the safety class. Plus their own concentration or lack there of usually kills their ability to pass. It's meant to be this way I assume. :D
AR19Elite
level1
level1

Postby AR19Elite » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 am

I failed to see page 2 of this thread so I apologize if I repeated what anyone else said
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 am

The only way I am gonna get my prisoners happy is to reduce the spoon theft. I don't seem to be able to set it so that the spoons will be removed from them without them getting handcuffed and suppressed. I tried stopping all punishments by setting all lines to "none" in policy, but the handcuffing and lockdown upon searching and finding a spoon seems to ignore this setting.

Other than that all the prisoners are happy and there are no red needs. They're just stealing the spoons for nothing, and making problems for themselves for nothing.
AR19Elite
level1
level1

Postby AR19Elite » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:17 pm

The degree that each prisoner goes to in attempting to steal a spoon could really be lowered. After a meal is just hell. It's like everyone has a spoon. And then they all get mad because of punishments. That said punishments are supposed to make them reconsider the next time they want to try and take a metal spoon through a metal detector lol. Anyways that's for another thread
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 am

Ok. So I think you can remove the addiction and the dose level in the files… Working on a fix...

Return to “Community Members”