Nobody's In the Queue for AA/Chemical Program

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Infamous Blob
level0

Nobody's In the Queue for AA/Chemical Program

Postby Infamous Blob » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi folks,
Just started playing Prison Architech after a short break I've been on. Just started a new prison, built, prisoners came in e.t.c. everything working fine. After a while, anyways, noticing a pretty small but still not that great drug problem (in a population of 120, 30 people have drug or alcohol addictions, looking at the needs stats) I decided to build a dedicated common room with a load of chairs in a circle for AA and I already had an infirmary going.

Now the problem is there's nobody at these classes or in the queue for them, despite an obvious problem which shows itself quite often. I've had prisons vibrating away in lockdown, there's vomit all over the prison e.t.c. Prisoners have shown themselves as spending time intoxicated Weirdly nobody's overdosed though, not sure if that's part of the issue too?

So yeah, just wondering if there's anyway I can sort these guys out and get my reform programs used. I'm not one for locking in solitary for hours upon end :P

Couple of screenies to showcase the problem:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/557 ... 1%3A37.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/557 ... 9%3A27.png

And the .prison file :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/557 ... uth.prison

Thanks in advance :)
4folders
level1
level1

Re: Nobody's In the Queue for AA/Chemical Program

Postby 4folders » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm

I've got this problem too, I put it on mantis because I'm assuming it's a bug, it happens on every prison I've built since Alpha 23.

Here's the link: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=5466
Infamous Blob
level0

Postby Infamous Blob » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Ah so it's not just me then :) Thanks, I "supported" the bug :)
4folders
level1
level1

Postby 4folders » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah, thanks, a couple of people have supported it, hopefully it'll be sorted in the next alpha, I happen to have about 100 prisoners puking everywhere now haha.
Makkhariel
level0

Postby Makkhariel » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Supported.

Same problem, my prison is a giant puke pool.

But I'll start over a new prison : I started this one the minute after the release of alpha 23, before the bug correction fix was released, I think it might cause the problem.

I'll keep you updated.
pieslife123
level0

Postby pieslife123 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:18 pm

I am also having this problem.

Further more, the prisoners seem to be able to get drugs, alcohol and luxuries regardless of the measures I put in place to stop it.
Diolki
level0

Postby Diolki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:29 am

I've got the same problem, lots of prisoners with addictions and its obvious, but no options for dealing with it other than confiscating the stuff if they get it, catching it before they can get their hands on it, or locking them in solitary or their cell until they get over the addiction.

As to prisoners getting stuff no matter what you do though, that's probably due to the new ways to get stuff in from Alpha-23. It's basically made it impossible to catch every single piece of contraband that tries to slip into the prison. Unless of course you put ten metal detectors at the front door, ten dogs patrolling near deliveries, and a fence all the way around the outer wall of your prison. Even then they'll probably slip some stuff in.

Contraband is the rule in prisons, not the exception.
guczy
level0

Postby guczy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Same problem here. I have around 160 prisoners and i see a lot of them with a high need for alcohol, but no one is in queue. Also it amazes me how high the supply for contraband is, as i do shakedowns quite often and have a very high security prison, prisoners cant get to places where they can pick up thrown in stuff, kitchen / workshop is checked multiple times every day, also lots of dogs / metal detectors all around the place. Not a huge problem though as my prison had 0 incidents since it has opened.
Hyomoto
level0

Postby Hyomoto » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:46 am

Suppresed prisoners do not attend reform programs. If you have very high security with armed guards, are particularly draconian about your punishments or don't meet their needs they won't go. They also rarely participate in work programs that require classes. There may be a bug but I've ran iron prisons with reform programs and the prisoners do not go. And it's an effect that isn't really reduced.
FungusTrooper
level0

Postby FungusTrooper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Hyomoto wrote:Suppresed prisoners do not attend reform programs. If you have very high security with armed guards, are particularly draconian about your punishments or don't meet their needs they won't go. They also rarely participate in work programs that require classes. There may be a bug but I've ran iron prisons with reform programs and the prisoners do not go. And it's an effect that isn't really reduced.

Anyone know if this is the problem? My wife's and my own prisons are full of drug use despite punishing it, but we do both have pretty harsh prisons - how do you un-suppress prisoners? Stop handing out punishments, fire armed guards, etc?
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:56 pm

I stopped all punishments but it didn't help the problem. I think those programs must just be broken in the latest alpha.
Aregul
level0

Postby Aregul » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:47 am

So this one actually made me join Mantis as well as finally post on the forum... I was hoping there might be a work-around.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:05 am

Alternatively, it's caused by the new ability to smuggle contraband in more easily. I guess a prisoner who can get his drug needs met by contraband is less likely to feel the need to sign up for a methadone program?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:16 pm

i'm having the same issues with programs...seem to catch most contraband before it ever gets to prisoners but no one ever goes to one of the programs...on a similar note having trouble getting anyone to pass the carpenter course...might just be bad luck but whatever....her is my current prison
TheSpad
level0

Postby TheSpad » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:42 am

RichieGrape wrote:i'm having the same issues with programs...seem to catch most contraband before it ever gets to prisoners but no one ever goes to one of the programs...on a similar note having trouble getting anyone to pass the carpenter course...might just be bad luck but whatever....her is my current prison

I had this issue because I had two workshops, one with and one without carpentry tables and no matter what I do they insist on holding the Carpentry Apprenticeship in the workshop without carpentry tables. I've been having to "unworkshop" my other workshop room every day so that there's only one place they can go and then reassign it as a workshop once the program is complete.

Return to “Community Members”