[NEW USERS, READ FIRST] How to post a suggestion or question

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Meeeps
level3
level3

Re: How to post a suggestion or question

Postby Meeeps » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Also if the devs don't need the list anymore (I doubt they are still looking for suggestions), it is useful for the users to find a list and later it could be useful for modders or patcher (if there ever will be a source available)
wildbillhdmax01
level1
level1

Postby wildbillhdmax01 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Meeeps wrote:Also if the devs don't need the list anymore (I doubt they are still looking for suggestions), it is useful for the users to find a list and later it could be useful for modders or patcher (if there ever will be a source available)

I doubt that the devs are no longer looking for suggestions. They also listen to our feed back all the time.
ThePirateKing
level1
level1

Postby ThePirateKing » Tue May 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Suppose I've got two suggestions that are both related to a single feature of the game (in this case the clone tool), but they're separate ideas... do I post them both in the same thread or in separate threads?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue May 20, 2014 11:36 pm

ThePirateKing wrote:Suppose I've got two suggestions that are both related to a single feature of the game (in this case the clone tool), but they're separate ideas... do I post them both in the same thread or in separate threads?

Use your best judgment. The main problem is with threads that consist of long laundry lists of ideas. I would say that if you have two ideas that can exist in one thread with one good, descriptive topic title, then those ideas belong in the same topic. If you can't write a title that effectively encapsulates both ideas, then you might consider dividing it out into two topics.

xander
yimbee
level1
level1

suggestion

Postby yimbee » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:06 pm

How about library for your prison and staff member goes to say the common room and goes round with an trolley full of books. Then they could take the book to the cell:) ..

libraries are in real jails :)
yimbee
level1
level1

Postby yimbee » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Could we have an open all doors tab one for staff doors and cell blocks . So workmen can move round with out waiting for guards. If anyone could think of an better way this could work please do so:)

I noticed workmen have to wait and do nothing.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Re: suggestion

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:38 pm

yimbee wrote:How about library for your prison and staff member goes to say the common room and goes round with an trolley full of books. Then they could take the book to the cell:) ..

libraries are in real jails :)

yimbee wrote:Could we have an open all doors tab one for staff doors and cell blocks . So workmen can move round with out waiting for guards. If anyone could think of an better way this could work please do so:)

I noticed workmen have to wait and do nothing.

The "How to post a suggestion..." thread is not the place to post a suggestion.
FelixLive44
level0

demande for update

Postby FelixLive44 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:01 am

can you add a way to heal all the prisonners in one clic?
FelixLive44
level0

suggestion

Postby FelixLive44 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm

please can you add stage in the prison?
xander
level5
level5

Re: suggestion

Postby xander » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

FelixLive44 wrote:can you add a way to heal all the prisonners in one clic?

FelixLive44 wrote:please can you add stage in the prison?

This is not the correct place to post suggestions. Please read the first post in this thread and follows the directions given there.

xander
groovybluedog
level0

Re: [NEW USERS, READ FIRST] How to post a suggestion or ques

Postby groovybluedog » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:20 pm

paktsardines wrote:Remember there have been tens of thousands of Prison Architect forum posts:
. If you're having a problem playing or running the game, it is highly likely that someone else has had it before and solved it.
. If you have suggestions for the game it is highly likely that someone else has suggested them previously

So, before posting:
1. Reduce your suggestion or question to a concise and clear summary that describes the idea/topic. This is the title for your post. Make sure it uses lots of relevant nouns, as these are what users will be searching for.
2. Pull out the two or three nouns from the title that are the most relevant to your idea.
3. Go to search and paste your three nouns into the search box. Then select 'Search for all terms'.
4. At the very least, read the subject lines of the results. If there are too many pages, try adding more relevant nouns to your search.
5. Post your suggestion or question only if yours is not already listed.

edit: 6. If posting a suggestion, please post only one suggestion per post and include the word [suggestion] in the title.

I'd love to post my big list of missing features and suggestions but this is stopping me, especially "Rule 6".
Looks like I'll have to use the Steam forum where there aren't "one size fits all" rules like this.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi groovybluedog,

groovybluedog wrote:I'd love to post my big list of missing features and suggestions but this is stopping me, especially "Rule 6".
Looks like I'll have to use the Steam forum where there aren't "one size fits all" rules like this.

The reason why rule 6 is in place is to promote a more healthy discussion. It's very difficult for other users to talk about one of your ideas when you provide them with multiple ideas to discuss at once. Additionally, dedicating a topic to one idea allows you to flesh it out / put more detail into it. Usually, lists of ideas don't get enough detail (because the list is so long, and you want to avoid a wall of text). And finally, in my opinion, lists aren't too useful for the developers. A topic that only covers one suggestion is the best way an idea can get looked at by a developer on this forum.

Here's an example of what I mean:
Suggestion list with no detail on any suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49383
Suggestion about gangs with plenty of detail: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18365

Also, keep in mind that these are just guidelines and are not required of you to follow. However, if you did, it would help greatly with starting discussions on the forum.

Cheers!
pderuiter
level1
level1

Postby pderuiter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:14 pm

Not to mention that the steam forums don't get the same level of developer attention as this one i reckon
roller1199
level0

Re: [NEW USERS, READ FIRST] [suggestion]

Postby roller1199 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:45 am

I suggest you put in guard towers, that a armored guard could be in, and use a sniper rifle, or other gun, to shoot at escapes, for free fire, or life in danger.
xander
level5
level5

Re: [NEW USERS, READ FIRST] [suggestion]

Postby xander » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:46 am

roller1199 wrote:I suggest you put in guard towers, that a armored guard could be in, and use a sniper rifle, or other gun, to shoot at escapes, for free fire, or life in danger.

This is not the correct place to post suggestions. Please read the first post in this thread and follows the directions given there.

xander

Return to “Community Members”