[Suggestion] Death row "Rooms"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Firefitter
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Death row "Rooms"

Postby Firefitter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:50 pm

I set up a block of cells that i wanted to be used for "death row". I built them as normal and with the "rooms" tab, marked them as cells. Well, because they are marked as "cells", they get used as such.

There needs to be a "Death row" room so i can mark cells i want saved specifically for death row.

Or at least for the cell that is off of my execution chamber. I want that cell to be used for only those that are about to be executed.

Fitter
xander
level5
level5

Re: [Suggestion] Death row "Rooms"

Postby xander » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:52 pm

It is currently impossible to create a death row, since it is currently impossible to execute a prisoner. The behaviour that you describe is the expected and intended behaviour, at least until and unless some kind of death row is implemented in the game.

xander
Firefitter
level1
level1

Postby Firefitter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:46 pm

xander wrote:It is currently impossible to create a death row, since it is currently impossible to execute a prisoner. The behaviour that you describe is the expected and intended behaviour, at least until and unless some kind of death row is implemented in the game.

xander

I understand that it is not in the game...... that kind of why i made the suggestion to put it in the game .....
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Firefitter wrote:I understand that it is not in the game...... that kind of why i made the suggestion to put it in the game .....

I'm confused---you original post describes how you created a block of cells and designated them as cells, then goes on to complain that they are used as cells, and not as a death row. I responded to that apparent confusion. If you want to discuss how death row should be implemented, please search the forum for one of the many, many topics discussing death row, and add your two cents there (or note that the topic has been talked to death, and just about every variation imaginable has already been proposed, discussed, and perfected already).

xander
Firefitter
level1
level1

Postby Firefitter » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 am

Yea, you're confused.
timjuul
level1
level1

Postby timjuul » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 am

xander wrote:It is currently impossible to create a death row, since it is currently impossible to execute a prisoner. The behaviour that you describe is the expected and intended behaviour, at least until and unless some kind of death row is implemented in the game.

xander

And so i ask like if not in the game, so why the option to build the room with the chair?? is it just for a joke that it is there...??
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 am

The execution room and execution chair currently serve a purpose in the introduction / tutorial. Other than that, it serves no other function.

However, the execution room does have a low humming sound that emanates from within it. If you're looking for an aura of dread in your prison, it'll do the job.

Cheers!
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Firefitter wrote:Yea, you're confused.

Then post something to clear up that confusion.
Now23
level0

Postby Now23 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:02 am

I do not think you realize this game is in the 'Alpha' phase. As for the 'Death row' or 'Execution' aspect of this game, it's unfinished. What xander was trying to explain to you is that we already talked about this and it's not a new 'brilliant' idea. We want this as much as you, but the developers are busy doing something else. If playing an unfinished game is not what you want to do then don't play games in Alpha or Beta phase.
Firefitter
level1
level1

Postby Firefitter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:35 am

Now23 wrote:I do not think you realize this game is in the 'Alpha' phase. As for the 'Death row' or 'Execution' aspect of this game, it's unfinished. What xander was trying to explain to you is that we already talked about this and it's not a new 'brilliant' idea. We want this as much as you, but the developers are busy doing something else. If playing an unfinished game is not what you want to do then don't play games in Alpha or Beta phase.

Wait a minute. This is alpha!?

Please pick up on my sarcasm.

Thanks for your 2 cents although it's not worth nearly that

Return to “Community Members”