Speed up time even more!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

pati04
level1
level1

Speed up time even more!

Postby pati04 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:51 am

It would be cool if you could speed up time even more. Waiting until daytime is pretty boring.
What do you think? Write a response!
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Speed up time even more!

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:02 pm

The game can only run as fast as your computer is able to compute its code. Since PA is an Alpha (and therefore not coded very optimal for performance yet), we are already hitting the edge where some people report the game not speeding up at all if they choose any of the faster speeds on a relatively big prison.

Enabling the players to increase the speed of the simulation even more will require a lot more optimization of the code. They DID optimize in the past and indeed made quite a good job doing it (yay, Johnny! 8) ), but don't expect the game to be completely optimized until it's finished.
pati04
level1
level1

Postby pati04 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:47 pm

My Computer has 8 gigs of ram and a very good processer
and i have checked the code and yes the code is a bit messy but
My computer can hold that out. I have changed the way the game works a bit so that the *3 buton to times *10
And iam also from germany.
The other guys seing this topic what do you think +1 -1 +0 ?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 pm

pati04 wrote:and i have checked the code and yes the code is a bit messy

Um... okay...

xander
pati04
level1
level1

Postby pati04 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 pm

For what was that reply for Xander?
Ps. In a friendly way
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:21 am

You need to be a dev to be able to look at the code, unless you have cracked the program, which would be illegal.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 am

VoiD88 wrote:You need to be a dev to be able to look at the code, unless you have cracked the program, which would be illegal.

Really? I'm sure if he distributed a crack version it would be, but I don't think that breaking open a program to examine its contents is illegal.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:05 am

According to the Prison Architect EULA:
End User License Agreement wrote:EXCEPT IN THE EVENT AND TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU ARE EXPRESSLY AUTHORISED TO DO SO UNDER THE TERMS APPLICABLE TO YOU in whole or in part reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or of the Game, except where applicable law provides otherwise in which case the product and all end results of such acts shall belong to, vest in and be the exclusive property of INTROVERSION on creation.

If I'm reading correctly, Introversion does not allow anyone to do so. This can be found in section two: restrictions.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:10 pm

A line or two later it does say it allows you to modify the software to make tools or mods, so I'm sure disassembling the game with the intention of modding it would pretty much cover you.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:14 pm

5hifty wrote:A line or two later it does say it allows you to modify the software to make tools or mods, so I'm sure disassembling the game with the intention of modding it would pretty much cover you.

Modding is done without needing to alter the source code.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:20 pm

What if I want to mod the source code? The EULA says I can modify the software, which up until that point, had been used to describe the game as a whole.
Stealth2668
level1
level1

Postby Stealth2668 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:06 am

I'd like it to run faster too since max speed is still pretty slow. There should be another step that makes it go as fast as your cpu can manage unless it already does that.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:17 am

5hifty wrote:What if I want to mod the source code? The EULA says I can modify the software, which up until that point, had been used to describe the game as a whole.

Since you cannot legally gain access to the source code, one would assume that the EULA does not apply. When and if the source code is released, you had better believe that there will be a license which controls what you can do with it (as there has been with every other IV game).

It should also be noted, as per the EULA linked above, you may not distribute any modified version of the game. You are pretty much free to do whatever you want with your own copy of the game (who is going to stop you?), but any modifications cannot be distributed except as expressly allowed by IV. IV have pretty clearly stated that graphics mods and scripting are allowable, but have given noone permission to distributed modified executables (which is pretty much what would be required to make things go faster).

Relevant section:
INTROVERSION allows you to make modifications to the Game software for the purpose of making mods and tools for the Game (“Mods”) provided you don’t sell them for money or try to make money from them (“Permitted Modding”). If you want to make your Mods available to the Game community please let INTROVERSION know. Any Mods you create from scratch belong to you but any Mods that use INTROVERSION code or assets will belong to INTROVERSION.

xander
pati04
level1
level1

Postby pati04 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:02 am

As long as i dont share the content changed i have made it is not illegal at all.IF i would share the sorcecode(That belongs to introversion) It will yes be illegal.
yimbee
level1
level1

Postby yimbee » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:36 am

pati04 wrote:It would be cool if you could speed up time even more. Waiting until daytime is pretty boring.
What do you think? Write a response!

Not needed I dont think its fast enouth . Do yoiu lead a busy life or something?

Return to “Community Members”