[BUG] Mouse cursor is off - unplayable

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Kyoden
level0

[BUG] Mouse cursor is off - unplayable

Postby Kyoden » Mon May 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi,

just got PA via HumbleBundle and installed it on my steam account. I started the game and my mouse is off. Icannot really aim with it. It somewhere 3cm "southeast" where it supposed to be. When I start the game in Safemode it works fine (besides beeing windowed). I have an win8.1 laptop with a GT 640M, 8GB RAM, running at 1920x1080 60hz (latest drivers).

Any help/ideas how to fix this? As a hint, I have one annoying bug within steam since I installed/updated to win8.1: When watching videos within steam (preview videos, etc) Everything is fine until I maximise the video. No clue how to solve that one (help there would be greatly appreciated as well - and maybe it helps to fix my PA problem)

Thanks
Kyoden
5hifty
level4
level4

Re: [BUG] Mouse cursor is off - unplayable

Postby 5hifty » Wed May 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Could it be that it's not set to full screen? I head similar problems with other games, and it turned out it was running in a borderless window (which can look like full screen if it's positioned correctly). Making it full screen fixed the problem
Kyoden
level0

Postby Kyoden » Thu May 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks for your reply, but no the problem only exists when I go fullscreen :)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu May 29, 2014 2:24 am

I've not heard this being a problem for anyone else. What happens if you use 'windowed' mode but with a window resolution that matches your monitor?
olehund
level0

Postby olehund » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:19 pm

I have same issue. Playing in 1920x1080 my cursor is off by maybe a 10th of the screen size towards the northwest. The mouse icon can hover at one place, while a tree might be selected out of nowhere up towards that direction. Trying to change resolution settings slowly inches the cursor towards the actual pointer.

Playing windowed will suddenly blow up the game to a size where I have to scroll to see other parts of the actual window, like toolbars, map and quests.

Changing multisampling does nothing.

I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Thank you.
mazetar
level2
level2

Postby mazetar » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Does this describe your issues or is it different?
http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=4751

If it's the same then add any details to it as notes/comments.
Including which version you are using.

If it's not the same then please create a new issue and post the link to it here so others can add their info and support to it!
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm

by any chance windows 8.1? if so, u should change a settings in control panel. go to your monitor and select i want to use one scalinglevel fo all my monitor and select normal.
Kyoden
level0

Postby Kyoden » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:22 pm

This still hasn't been resolved for me. Horrible. Cause its unplayable. Its more than a gamebreaking bug as I cannot even attempt to play the game.

Also, I cannot find the option you are referring to. Playing on a Laptop here.

Return to “Community Members”