Execution Chamber

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

BraunerYeti
level0

Execution Chamber

Postby BraunerYeti » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:20 pm

Today I played Prison Architect in the Sandbox-mode and I built an Execution Chamber but nobody was killed in this. :D
So I googled this problem I found out that the Execution Chamber doesn't work in the Sandbox-Mode.
It would be very cool when you can add it to Prison Architect to execute some murders or other dangerous eo prisoners. :D

Greetings
BraunerYeti
acegamer08
level3
level3

Re: Execution Chamber

Postby acegamer08 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Last edited by acegamer08 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nekjjw
level1
level1

Postby nekjjw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 pm

I personally don't see much point of it's inclusion in the game if it's not going to be enabled in sandbox mode.

I believe there should be some sort of control for it, i.e. criteria for use, so people don't get tempted to kill their entire population.

It's one of those features that would be great for punishment in extreme cases.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Not to quote myself, but: No. We've been over this about a zillion times in the last two years. Prison managers do not make decisions about who should be executed. That is a job for the courts. Execution will never, ever be a punishment available to the player in the policy settings. It isn't going to happen. It is likely that executions will remain part of the campaign/story mode, and it is possible that death row inmates (i.e. inmates sentenced to death by the state) may become a part of the sandbox mode, but execution will never, ever, never-never be an option for punishing bad behaviour in the prison.

xander
nekjjw
level1
level1

Postby nekjjw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:47 pm

The inclusion of Death Row Inmates and sentence by the state in Sandbox mode is probably an angle which everyone could agree on.

I guess the tough part is as a 'Prison Manager': how does someone who's murdered: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc, while in prison end up in the execution chamber? Does the game automatically (eventually) realise they've committed murder and submit their case to the state for consideration against a criteria?

To echo a conversation on Steam the only other suggested alternative is to make conditions so unbearable and intolerable for the prisoner that they end up dead through some means or permanently isolated for the remainder of time/their life.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Last edited by acegamer08 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BraunerYeti
level0

Postby BraunerYeti » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:42 pm

But why is the Execution as a Room in the sandbox-mode?
I don't understand this. You build an execution chamber for nothing.
It's unnecessary waste of money.
But thanks for the answers :D
DarkOdino
level1
level1

Postby DarkOdino » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:57 pm

BraunerYeti wrote:But why is the Execution as a Room in the sandbox-mode?

Because they used it in the little "tutorial" at the beginning. So you could see how P.A. story mode will be in future (I really enjoyed, as videogame, the death sentence etc etc, narreted trough polaroids)

Of course, isnt a great idea if we could decide who lives or who dies.. this is not the prison-manager spirit. But on the other hand using electric chamber (on people judged by law), or other death sentence (whatever, i dont care :D), would be very nice.
And maybe, to add some "control" on the situation for the player, for prisoners who have murdered someone (staff/ other prisoners), could be add a sort of "internal investigation" to determine if the prisoner deserve or not this final punishment. With a bot-controlled votation, WE could vote in favour or against (basing our vote on the "history" of our prisoner), and our vote, added with the other of the internal investigation, would determine if he's guilty or not.

Well', at least i think this happens in U.S. prison if a prisoner starts killing his mates and staff people like a monkey on drugs.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:04 pm

BraunerYeti wrote:But why is the Execution as a Room in the sandbox-mode?

Then don't build it. Problem solved.

DarkOdino wrote:And maybe, to add some "control" on the situation for the player, for prisoners who have murdered someone (staff/ other prisoners), could be add a sort of "internal investigation" to determine if the prisoner deserve or not this final punishment. With a bot-controlled votation, WE could vote in favour or against (basing our vote on the "history" of our prisoner), and our vote, added with the other of the internal investigation, would determine if he's guilty or not.

Well', at least i think this happens in U.S. prison if a prisoner starts killing his mates and staff people like a monkey on drugs.

I don't believe that's what happens.
DarkOdino
level1
level1

Postby DarkOdino » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 pm

MAdMaN wrote:I don't believe that's what happens.

I'm really curious to know what happens if a prisoner kill someone during a riot ecc.. (proved by CCV ecc). He gets more years?
If he's only in jail for.. pyromancy or rape, and commits a murder when he's inside, he wont be charged with other years or even with a death sentence?
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:07 pm

DarkOdino wrote:I'm really curious to know what happens if a prisoner kill someone during a riot ecc.. (proved by CCV ecc). He gets more years?
If he's only in jail for.. pyromancy or rape, and commits a murder when he's inside, he wont be charged with other years or even with a death sentence?

It depends on the country, but in places like the UK, US, Australia, etc. he'll most likely have another trial, with the new sentence either being added on after the current one(s) or running concurrently.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:29 pm

DarkOdino wrote:If he's only in jail for pyromancy...

Shit! You can go to jail for pyromancy? Just last week I cast a bundle of laurel leaves into the coals in order to assign grades to my calculus students' exams! I didn't know it was illegal! Crap!

xander
DarkOdino
level1
level1

Postby DarkOdino » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:20 pm

xander wrote:
DarkOdino wrote:If he's only in jail for pyromancy...

Shit! You can go to jail for pyromancy? Just last week I cast a bundle of laurel leaves into the coals in order to assign grades to my calculus students' exams! I didn't know it was illegal! Crap!

xander

Eheheh, it was a lapsus (eng isnt my main language).
Btw of course u will go into jail! It's dark magic and shit! :twisted: :twisted:

MAdMaN wrote:
DarkOdino wrote:I'm really curious to know what happens if a prisoner kill someone during a riot ecc.. (proved by CCV ecc). He gets more years?

It depends on the country, but in places like the UK, US, Australia, etc. he'll most likely have another trial, with the new sentence either being added on after the current one(s) or running concurrently.

That's what i was talking about. If a prisoner commits a murder, the "another trial" and "new sentence being added" - feature could be implemented in future :roll:
BraunerYeti
level0

Postby BraunerYeti » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Then don't build it. Problem solved.

But I built it :D
And this is waste of money because I didn't know that the execution chamber is not for the sandbox-mode
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:27 pm

BraunerYeti wrote:And this is waste of money because I didn't know that the execution chamber is not for the sandbox-mode

But now you do. Problem solved. The game is in alpha---you cannot possibly expect that anything you have done will be permanent, or that it won't require constant revision.

xander

Return to “Community Members”