[SUGGESTION] 4 more wall textures

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

hawk_za
level1
level1

[SUGGESTION] 4 more wall textures

Postby hawk_za » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 pm

i know this game is in alpha but i would really like to take this opportunity to ask the developers to add 4 new wall textures into the game. :oops:
all four will be pure white walls with a stripe ACROSS the middle that line up with each other [ the only difference between the four textures will be the color of the stripe ]

1 black stripe (staff only)
1 red (max sec)
1 orange (med sec)
1 grey (low sec)

i know it seems stupid but id love to see the sections of my prison so at a glance i can tell if someone is were they not supposed to be.

I ask the community let me know Image what you think bad or good :wink:
xander
level5
level5

Re: [SUGGESTION] 4 more wall textures

Postby xander » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:33 pm

If I understand correctly, what you actually want is to see solid lines demarcating the various deployment zones in views other than the deployment view? For technical reasons, I don't know that your particular solution is the best (it doesn't handle boundaries where two zones meet, for instance), but even then, I am not sure that I like the idea. It feels like more UI clutter and the deployment overlay does a pretty fantastic job of solving the problem as-is.

xander
ouyin2000
level1
level1

Postby ouyin2000 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:35 am

Way to be a jerk again Xander.

This is a decent idea, but I think it goes a bit too far. A simpler way to do it is to allow us to just paint existing walls. Keep the deployment separate, but we can colour coordinate our prison to our own tastes.
SekondaHuet
level1
level1

Postby SekondaHuet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:42 am

ouyin2000 wrote:Way to be a jerk again Xander.

This is a decent idea, but I think it goes a bit too far. A simpler way to do it is to allow us to just paint existing walls. Keep the deployment separate, but we can colour coordinate our prison to our own tastes.

While Xander's contributions frequently make me want to slit my own throat I have to say in this instance all he did was offer constructive criticism. There's a profound difference between that and being a twat and in this instance he's not being a twat.
hawk_za
level1
level1

Postby hawk_za » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 am

indeed a great counter point and if that is a possibility i would love to see that implemented as for the boundary zones the line would just change color
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:31 pm

I would like to see some kind of way to be able to have more visual effects but on the other hand it's not the Sims. I guess that a line across the floor instead of a wall (has been suggested before) would be better

Return to “Community Members”