Bug Bash: Support your favourite bug!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Re: Bug Bash: Support your favourite bug!

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:48 pm

DeputyLOL wrote:First Bugbash came out for steam users. They fixed the guards seeking medical attention (but there is now a new bug: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=4439), drains and some other things. Its coming along nicely

Was this supposed to happen yet? The Bugbash-1 roadmap is only 42% completed at the time of this post. I'm away from Steam at the moment, but what is everyone playing? An interim release of BugBash-1? Is it labeled anything?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Yup, we are in BugBash 1a. Must opt-into testing in order to receive the update from Steam.

_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Interesting. Well we need to ask IV how they'd like to handle this in Mantis. I would think, at a minimum, they'd want to add these releases to the "Product Version" field on Mantis. Obviously for bug reports to be meaningful, they need to be reported against a very specific build. This is especially so if there's going to be a lot of these builds coming out in rapid succession. Otherwise, it's going to be very difficult to ascertain when the bug is actually defeated or whether it still exists once we mix several builds and reports together.

I'm still confused by the roadmap, however. That setup heavily implied (to me anyway) that BugBash-1 would be released as a discrete build once all or most of the issues being addressed by it are ready for test. I could see a few being left off and bumped to the next release if the issue proved difficult, but 42% doesn't sound right.

Given that there's been no announcement nor video (that I saw anyway, correct?) I'm really thinking that this is just IV testing the BETA functionality on Steam. As a consequence, a few users have discovered its existence. A further consequence will be users reporting or updating bugs based on this interim release, especially if it wasn't intended to really be a release. This has already started.

Conclusion: I'm confused. :?
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:26 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:Interesting. Well we need to ask IV how they'd like to handle this in Mantis. I would think, at a minimum, they'd want to add these releases to the "Product Version" field on Mantis. Obviously for bug reports to be meaningful, they need to be reported against a very specific build. This is especially so if there's going to be a lot of these builds coming out in rapid succession. Otherwise, it's going to be very difficult to ascertain when the bug is actually defeated or whether it still exists once we mix several builds and reports together.

I'm still confused by the roadmap, however. That setup heavily implied (to me anyway) that BugBash-1 would be released as a discrete build once all or most of the issues being addressed by it are ready for test. I could see a few being left off and bumped to the next release if the issue proved difficult, but 42% doesn't sound right.

Given that there's been no announcement nor video (that I saw anyway, correct?) I'm really thinking that this is just IV testing the BETA functionality on Steam. As a consequence, a few users have discovered its existence. A further consequence will be users reporting or updating bugs based on this interim release, especially if it wasn't intended to really be a release. This has already started.

Conclusion: I'm confused. :?

it is a release (steam only, non-steam will never see it), it was intended...there will be 2-3 more this month (depending on weather or not they take a week off (like they have been doing).

no announcement/vid will be released.

it is not beta, not yet. (just a bug sweep)

the "42%" no doubt are (were) very easy to fix bugs. they will not reach 100% (impossible).

on the 27th (or so) the most current bug bash build will be renamed and released for non-steam users (we will just have to wait until then)
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:41 pm

mazetar wrote:The releases on steam will be in a seperate branch, and are for testing if the bugs really are fixed :)
And also to test if a bugfix created/revelead new bugs.

So those not using steam aren't missing out on any real release.
Just felt to clarify that :)

it is a real release though...any update (seen by non-iv employees) is a real release.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 pm

acegamer08 wrote:it is a release (steam only, non-steam will never see it), it was intended...there will be 2-3 more this month (depending on weather or not they take a week off (like they have been doing).

the "42%" no doubt are (were) very easy to fix bugs. they will not reach 100% (impossible).

on the 27th (or so) the most current bug bash build will be renamed and released for non-steam users (we will just have to wait until then)

I understand it's not a beta release, but we're using the beta capability of steam, which I was referring to.

Respectfully, where are you getting this other information from?

Admittedly, I was making an assumption that there would be 2-3 BugBash releases (i.e. BugBash-1, BugBash-2, BugBash-3 etc.) throughout the month. Perhaps the intention is just to release multiple iterations of BugBash-1 that will encompass the entire month. So long as we have discrete version identifiers for them (I suppose the first is "BugBash-1a"), and those names are added to the Mantis drop-downs, we should be able to track just fine. That's all assumption though.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:it is a release (steam only, non-steam will never see it), it was intended...there will be 2-3 more this month (depending on weather or not they take a week off (like they have been doing).

I understand it's not a beta release, but we're using the beta capability of steam, which I was referring to.

Respectfully, where are you getting this other information from?

Admittedly, I was making an assumption that there would be 2-3 BugBash releases (i.e. BugBash-1, BugBash-2, BugBash-3 etc.) throughout the month. Perhaps the intention is just to release multiple iterations of BugBash-1 that will encompass the entire month. So long as we have discrete version identifiers for them (I suppose the first is "BugBash-1a"), and those names are added to the Mantis drop-downs, we should be able to track just fine. That's all assumption though.

i dont think they are in the mantis drop down, there is a bug (from the bash release, with no version info.)

the other info is from the idea that only one will be released a week, (unless they are not working for that week, that is known from several alpha vids stating such)

they wouldnt record a vid just to walkthu the bugs they fixed every time they release a build..(they will at the end of the month though, not sure how it will be laidout.)

27th or so...i say that because history has shown they like to release at the end of the month...or as close to the end of the month as possible, they also have released a great many alphas on friday)(which the 27th is)

as far as the 42% thats the number you quoted, i know though (and you should too) that they cannot fix them all. (100%)
mazetar
level2
level2

Postby mazetar » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:00 am

I have the idea of them saying it in the alpha 21 video that they would release bugbash's every week or so.

Anyhows I agree woth I believe was _alphaBeta_'s point:
In order to utilize Mantis and test these bugs, we need to be able to report bugs from product version BugBash-1a else the workflow is broken and theres no telling if it's a A21 report or BugBash-1a from the overview of issues :)
underagedrinking
level0

Postby underagedrinking » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Am I doing it wrong? Im using my forum credentials to try and log into mantis...
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:09 pm

underagedrinking wrote:Am I doing it wrong? Im using my forum credentials to try and log into mantis...

you have two logins....did you register/activate your second one? (on mantis)

Return to “Community Members”