Planning mode suggestions

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RichieGrape
level4
level4

Planning mode suggestions

Postby RichieGrape » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:20 pm

lil feature request...add measurements to top and left sides of wall/objects/pathways tools....also would be nice if measurements font was bigger when zoomed out...can be hard to read sometimes (lol i might just need glasses)

also would be nice to be able to placed rooms outside even if they have a indoor requirement (room just shouldn't work.... similar to if a cell is missing a toilet
brumster
level0

Re: Planning mode suggestions

Postby brumster » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Would be good if you could add some sort of text or label on what you intend to use the room for too.... I tend to lay out the whole place in the very early stages, and then forget what I intended the alloted space for :D !!
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Why would you want to create a room that won't complete? You can change the requirements for the rooms in the 'materials.txt' file located in the 'main.dat' file
brumster
level0

Postby brumster » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:55 pm

I think you misunderstand - I intend to build the room, just possibly not for a few days, and if I actually don't play the game straight for several hours, it's useful to have a reminder of what you intended for it :)
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:05 am

brumster wrote:I think you misunderstand - I intend to build the room, just possibly not for a few days, and if I actually don't play the game straight for several hours, it's useful to have a reminder of what you intended for it :)

exactly this...i plan out my whole prison before my workman even get off their truck...and would just make it easier to build
buzzbros2002
level0

Postby buzzbros2002 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:53 am

I think this is the only post I've seen with this suggestion, but I too wish for it to be a reality.
Der_Doodle
level1
level1

Postby Der_Doodle » Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 am

Yeah marking rooms while foundations are not build yet would be nice.

A Cloning tool just for the Planing Tool at the beginning would be awesome aswell. If you plan ahead your big prison and make multiple cell blocks its annoying to redo the planning for each single block again and again without the ability to just copy it.
Even worse is if you notice you put your 50 cell prison block in planning one meter to the side by mistake. Instead of just cut/copy/move the hole set you have basicly to clean it all away and redo it. I really wish you could move your planning drawings :)
I go crazy everytime i try to plan a large map prison at day 1 realise i made a few little mistakes somewhere and would have to redo most of it (couple of hours worth of planning) cause of a measurement error somewhere in themiddle. So far that meant everytime I give up and go back to a small map or medium map :)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed May 28, 2014 12:10 am

5hifty, I think this is a more indepth discussion to link to, not just because I'm in it.

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20126&p=543728&hilit=blueprints#p531159
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Wed May 28, 2014 2:12 am

While I was linking to that post as a whole, the thing that I wanted to draw attention to was my post about the subassemblies feature in Kerbal, and how a similar thing in this game for sections of prison designs would be a nice feature.

Return to “Community Members”