[Suggestion] Planning Tool : Select And Move

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

jackdbunny
level0

[Suggestion] Planning Tool : Select And Move

Postby jackdbunny » Tue May 20, 2014 6:12 am

I just planned out a sizeable room and placed multiple objects for furniture and realized I'd like to move everything a few blocks away. Would be great to be able to drag and select all or part of my plans and move them without having to erase them.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Planning Tool : Select And Move

Postby RichieGrape » Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 am

i get what your saying and it would be nice but i would much rather them work on other stuff
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue May 20, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm not entirely sure how useful this would be as part of the planning tool, but it sure would be nice if workers could move objects without first taking them to storage...

xander
cfpsmatt
level1
level1

Postby cfpsmatt » Tue May 20, 2014 4:50 pm

nice idea. I agree, I encountered something similar recently. However, I agree, I do think at the moment and in the current stage of development there bigger priorities and this is a nice "polishing up" step.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue May 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Yep defiantly needed. Can't count the amount of times that I've payed out some pretty intense plans and then realised that some of it needed to be move 2 spaces left or so. Being able to select then move sections of plans would be great. In addition, being able to save selected plans to a menu would be awesome. Eg. I designed a cellblock and then want to use the same design on a different prison I could save it, name it and then place/rotate it in a different prison. Think the subassemblies in Kerbal Space Program.

Return to “Community Members”