I can't find where they are escaping from????

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

grrrwonder
level0

I can't find where they are escaping from????

Postby grrrwonder » Fri May 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Just before I say about this PA is an AMAZING GAME!!! Right now, I keep getting 2 or 3 prisoners a day escaping and I can't figure it out why. I have had my guards search the cells endlessly and come up with nothing.....
But what is strange is that I'm sure it is when they go into the showers this is when they escape....
Can they escape through the drains?
I followed 1 prisoner and he went into the showers (In a separate building on its own) disappeared then appeared a few seconds later on the outside of the prison on the edge of the map and escapes.
Is this just normal and I need to rebuild my shower? or is this a possible bug????
Thank again
mdloafer
level1
level1

Re: I can't find where they are escaping from????

Postby mdloafer » Fri May 09, 2014 10:23 pm

If you have Deployment unlocked (by getting the Chief), check your prison. The Deployment overlay will highlight any unsecure areas that your prisoners can escape from. If your guards haven't found any tunnels by searching cells, that's the next thing I would check.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Postby Tarô11 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:25 pm

They can escape by your large water pipes, not the drains.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:26 pm

In this case, screen shots or your save game will be very helpful in finding the problem.

One guess would be that an Escape Tunnel hole is in the shower room which allows prisoners to "disappear" underground and pop up where the other hole is at. This is unlikely because tunnels can only be dug through toilets (if I remember correctly) at night.

Edit: Double Ninja'd!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri May 09, 2014 10:27 pm

To the best of my knowledge, they do not escape from the shower. It is likely that they are escaping via another route. A couple of screenshots or a .prison file might help to figure it out.

xander

EDIT: Fuuuu!
grrrwonder
level0

Postby grrrwonder » Fri May 09, 2014 10:40 pm

thanks for the tips i'll try them tomorrow and see what happens
flesh_god
level1
level1

Postby flesh_god » Tue May 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Tarô11 wrote:They can escape by your large water pipes, not the drains.

Like Tarô11 said, check if you have large pipes going through your shower or prison. I always build large pipe outside and little pipes going into the cells and showers.

Return to “Community Members”