Suggestion: Incentive Programs

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

xibalbansleeper
level0

Suggestion: Incentive Programs

Postby xibalbansleeper » Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 am

So I've been trying to run foundational education and general education courses but I seldom get many prisoners interested.

I thought it would be nice to be able to offer incentives for unpopular reform programs. This could come in the form of a few extra dollars per inmate per session or it could be something physical like putting them into a slightly larger cell. Or possibly downgrading them to a lower security rating for passing the program.

Just a thought.
Tarô11
level2
level2

Re: Suggestion: Incentive Programs

Postby Tarô11 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 am

xibalbansleeper wrote:So I've been trying to run foundational education and general education courses but I seldom get many prisoners interested.

I thought it would be nice to be able to offer incentives for unpopular reform programs. This could come in the form of a few extra dollars per inmate per session or it could be something physical like putting them into a slightly larger cell. Or possibly downgrading them to a lower security rating for passing the program.

Just a thought.

The extra dollars solution could be possible and great if money was actually implemented ingame for the prisoners. Putting them in a slightly larger cell could work if the prisoners would actually care about the size of their jail. And you would have to build larger cells specially for this maybe. Downgrading them to a lower security level.. I don't think it's a good idea, and currently the level of security doesn't matter as much as hidden traits of the prisoners.

But your idea of incentives I like it, and I think it could work without having anything else behind it for now, except a cost and maybe a limit of use. Just do an incentive to try to convince prisoners to apply for the program.
Last edited by Tarô11 on Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Postby OneEyedShark » Wed May 07, 2014 7:34 am

xibalbansleeper wrote:So I've been trying to run foundational education and general education courses but I seldom get many prisoners interested.

I thought it would be nice to be able to offer incentives for unpopular reform programs. This could come in the form of a few extra dollars per inmate per session or it could be something physical like putting them into a slightly larger cell.

Just a thought.

i think this sound like a pretty good and interesting idea. but it would require that prisoners got money for their job and a place to spend them, but that would be cool to :)
+1
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Wed May 07, 2014 9:14 am

It's an interesting idea. I don't think you should necessarily pay for inmates to go to class, minus having to pay for the teacher o'course. But working in the workshop, kitchen, and various other places sure. It'd be pretty cool when (if) we could end up building little shops and selling prisoners snacks and stuff.
xibalbansleeper
level0

Postby xibalbansleeper » Wed May 07, 2014 10:30 pm

I hadn't really thought of the prisoners spending the money but that would be another interesting mechanic for the game. I was thinking of it as a basically two dimensional feature where you cough up another $XX/inmate/session and get a Y% increase in interest. The cell size idea would probably require a lot more work from the Devs. I just like the idea of having a block of "luxury cells" and it would be nice if they meant something in game.

It would be pretty awesome if there could be a little prisoner run shop. It could provide a boost to freedom while also making it easier for prisoners to smuggle contraband or something. There should be a downside.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Postby Robbedem » Thu May 08, 2014 11:52 am

Where I live, well behaving prisoners can rent TV's for in their cells. So selling/renting stuff to prisoners, would be nice ito have in the game. :)

Return to “Community Members”