Income Bug

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

lugaru
level3
level3

Income Bug

Postby lugaru » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:48 pm

Had something kinda interesting happen, I'll try to recreate it but I've been a little too busy to play ( :cry: )

I had some some stuff go through and it put me at a negative number. Now I had an 8,000 per day income so I was not worried, I figured I would soon go from -1,000 to a positive number in 2 or 3 hours. A day passed and I only kept going more negative... so I sold stacks and stacks of wood to get into a positive number and like magic, my income started to rise like $350 per hour.
deadman
level0

Re: Income Bug

Postby deadman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Not sure if you realize, but there is a 10k bonus for being incident free, 1k for each day up to 10 days. So it is not unusual to drop quickly from 8,000 per day to -2k per day. And then it is not unusual to see your income rise pretty dramatically following an incident as you stay incident free for several days.

You should look at the balance sheet to see where money is coming from and going to.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:29 pm

I'll mess around with it some more... there was no incident but also I need to see if I can actually reproduce the problem, if not it is merely annecdotal. I was mostly wondering if anyone else got stuck in negative numbers.
the04dude
level0

Postby the04dude » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:41 pm

You sure? If you havent, check your finances tab to ensure there was nothing. Sometimes if you have a patch of fog of war you can overlook something happening.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Not too sure if I saw it right but by cashflow seemed to stop... well, flowing when I had a negative balance. Anyone else seen this?
AndiK
level0

Postby AndiK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:46 pm

I can confirm this behaviour. N.B: I had a loan of 2500$ at the time -- maybe that has some influence?
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:18 pm

lugaru wrote:Had something kinda interesting happen, I'll try to recreate it but I've been a little too busy to play ( :cry: )

I had some some stuff go through and it put me at a negative number. Now I had an 8,000 per day income so I was not worried, I figured I would soon go from -1,000 to a positive number in 2 or 3 hours. A day passed and I only kept going more negative... so I sold stacks and stacks of wood to get into a positive number and like magic, my income started to rise like $350 per hour.

Yep, just now, that's what I came here to search for.

I was going fine but a riot killed a whole bunch of guards and destroyed a whole bunch of stuff and I went into a negative figure by a few hundred dollars. Since then I've never had a single income on the hour. I'm supposedly making over 3000 a day but never see any of it, can't spend anything because I have a negative balance, but the money for training and education keeps coming out so I get further into debt. I don't have workshops or anything set up… I can sell other stuff though?

No loans active other than the basic 50,000 you start with.

New bug?

EDIT: can confirm that selling enough stuff to clear the negative balance resulted in income accruing on the hour as normal.
Benjymite
level0

Postby Benjymite » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 am

I was having the same problem, but as soon as I got my number back into the positive via a grant, my income came back. So it's something to do with the negate number, clearly.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Just verifying that it is a confirmed bug.
Chris wrote:Confirmed bug, caused by the negative balance. Fixed in a20.

This code:
bool FinanceSystem::CanAfford( int cost )
{
return( cost == 0 || m_balance + cost >= 0 );
}

Should have been
bool FinanceSystem::CanAfford( int cost )
{
return( cost >= 0 || m_balance + cost >= 0 );
}
robtmufc
level0

Postby robtmufc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 am

I found the easiest work around for this so far (as I ran into the bug I went 10k into minus) is to sell a few shares in your prison to get back into the +'s then just buy them back as and when you can :)

Return to “Community Members”