[Bug] Exports "loop"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Asfaloth
level0

[Bug] Exports "loop"

Postby Asfaloth » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi,

the recently introduced exports room causes a "loop" when the room is placed on top of the incoming room.

1. The workman will place the licenseplates, woods etc. on the exports
2. The truck picks them up and unloads them on the incoming room
3. The workman will put the stuff on the exports room again.
4. Go To 1.

Also placing the exports room on the right hand side of the road, the goods won't be picked up.

Asfaloth
christhekiller
level3
level3

Re: [Bug] Exports "loop"

Postby christhekiller » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:39 pm

A similar thing happens(ed?) with garbage when you place it before deliveries. Put Exports after deliveries and it'll be fixed.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Right side of the road works fine for me:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/795 ... CB50615E0/
timjuul
level1
level1

Postby timjuul » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 am

I made in the "incomming" first, second is garbage and last export, works fine for me, so if truck only pick few bags of garbage up, rest is filled with exports
Sparrrrow
level1
level1

Postby Sparrrrow » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 am

timjuul wrote:I made in the "incomming" first, second is garbage and last export, works fine for me, so if truck only pick few bags of garbage up, rest is filled with exports

i did deliveries first , exports second and garbage third.
will ahve to see when my prison is fully running if enough garbage is removed
Asfaloth
level0

Postby Asfaloth » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Yeah, moving exports after incoming works as expected, but nevertheless the above descibed behaviour is not good ;-)

Regarding the exports on the right hand side of the road: I have to test it again, maybe I did something wrong last time
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Asfaloth wrote:Regarding the exports on the right hand side of the road: I have to test it again, maybe I did something wrong last time

What you did wrong was probably placing it right next to the delivery or garbage zone. Make sure they come after one another and don't overlap, then the side of the road they are on shouldn't matter.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:27 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
Asfaloth wrote:Regarding the exports on the right hand side of the road: I have to test it again, maybe I did something wrong last time

What you did wrong was probably placing it right next to the delivery or garbage zone. Make sure they come after one another and don't overlap, then the side of the road they are on shouldn't matter.

Mine (as posted above) overlap slightly, but not much and they work fine. The truck still has to move significantly down the road from deliveries to get to exports.
air805ronin
level1
level1

Postby air805ronin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I had been on my honeymoon for a while and was dropping by to make sure someone had mentioned this. I keep all my truck loading/unloading zones near each other and had added the export above the delivery and encountered the loop as well.

the quick workaround was to move the zone, but its obvious that the workers have the correct logic to load the goods onto the truck but something about the logic causes workers to completely unload trucks at the delivery spot, regardless of what's on them.
Squizzel
level1
level1

Postby Squizzel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:20 pm

I guess the game was coded with people using a ceritin logic. That is, you'd empty the truck first, Before trying to load it up again with something new. I encounted this problem awhile ago myself awhile ago but thought nothing of it (just myself being silly).

Exports and garbage don't effect each other, as I have mine side by side. There just needs to be a gap between where these two and devilvers big enough to fit a truck.

Return to “Community Members”