Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

Re: Endless Unbiased Official Top 25

Postby Endless » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Updated again. Ivan takes a leap as well as Drunk mum and XB-70. Keep up the good work guys.

Also, Recs and input is still appreciated. A big reason why Magellan has made the jump he has is because I watched the recs given to me of him winning. I can't watch every recording so that helps a ton. However, when I do look for recordings, I'm looking for things that stand out. i.e. Drunk Mum vs Baton. Not saying I have found that, just looking for interesting games. I am also looking at the games that the Top 25 here has lost. What I look for is why they lost; if it was a lack of skill, the player had better skill, or units were just not doing their jobs (Silos pegging nukes, but not killing them, or splash damage.)

Just thought i would give that feedback on what I am looking for.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Endless wrote:Updated again. Ivan takes a leap as well as Drunk mum and XB-70. Keep up the good work guys.

Finally moved from being stuck near the bottom to 20th, ive finally moved up in this world! :)
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am

Based on what is ROFL on 6th spot? I have never seen him play against anyone in top 20 though I remember when he rage quitted on me once.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Mr.Cows wrote:Based on what is ROFL on 6th spot? I have never seen him play against anyone in top 20 though I remember when he rage quitted on me once.

Based on that from what I've seen, he has pretty much mastered every aspect of the game. He is incredibly smart with how he plays as well. As i have said before though, any one entity in the top 25 can beat any other entity. That being said, I think a 1v1 between you would be a good match up. Very similar playing styles.
Yellow Cake
level1
level1

Postby Yellow Cake » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:52 am

Hey you Endless bitch!

WHY BANNING ME FROM SFCON ?

JUST BECAUSE I QUIT AT DEF 4 SAYING I DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH NOOB...

I THINK YOU OVERUSE YOUR ADM RIGHTS.

No better thing to do with?

Bye
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:21 am

Yellow Cake wrote:Hey you Endless bitch!

Bye

Lol. The ignorance in this post is unreal. I can't ban on SFcon. An experienced player would know that. However, I should have banned you on quake, but I am feeling optimistic that you wont do that again. I will ban you though if I see that again, and I think my fellow admins would agree.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:33 am

Yellow Cake wrote:Hey you Endless bitch!

Bye

Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:57 am

I still think ROFL is heavily overrated, but I would sure like to play against him again (without him rage quitting this time).
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Mr.Cows wrote:I still think ROFL is heavily overrated, but I would sure like to play against him again (without him rage quitting this time).

I respect your opinion. I'd really love for you to play each other, but I believe you guys are 7 hours apart. So not sure if that will happen.
Noryb
level2
level2

Postby Noryb » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Endless wrote:
Mr.Cows wrote:Based on what is ROFL on 6th spot? I have never seen him play against anyone in top 20 though I remember when he rage quitted on me once.

Based on that from what I've seen, he has pretty much mastered every aspect of the game. He is incredibly smart with how he plays as well. As i have said before though, any one entity in the top 25 can beat any other entity. That being said, I think a 1v1 between you would be a good match up. Very similar playing styles.

Can you post some dcrecs of him in high level games? I haven't seen him play any of the top people either.

There's nothing on sfcon.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Noryb wrote:
Endless wrote:

Can you post some dcrecs of him in high level games? I haven't seen him play any of the top people either.

There's nothing on sfcon.

Well I was looking for some recs to post, then i realized that they are all on quake. He is banned on sfcon and the lack of our tricky friend prohibits him from returning. And the lack of a site to get the recs from quake that puts it in a pickle. He also (like myself) wont play on group 6 unless he see's someone to thrash. So that is the issue. You can either take my word or not I reckon. I still think he belongs at least in the top 10 and anyone who has seen him play would agree.

On a side note, I have forgotten you byron. I also forgot to update yesterday. So tonight I will definitely get you in.
Noryb
level2
level2

Postby Noryb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:37 am

Well the ban must have been somewhat recent. Late February or early March. Just scanning through all his games before that, it's all diplo and 2v2 noob bashes. That's over the course of several years. Long before quake. (Incidentally, here's me, you, rofl and Edward in a 2v2 when I was still quite a noob. Good times.) To me "top ten" (even top 20 and beyond) means you should have lots and lots of games with other people in that category. I don't know how else ranking could work. Dotch at 15 is a bit curious too.

Anyway, rankings in this game are always going to be hard. It's impossible to really say anything absolute. Most people can beat (and be beaten by) a lot of people. The best one could do is map out tiers of people who would have a roughly even chance in a heads up game. But that's not very exciting.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Noryb wrote:Well the ban must have been somewhat recent. Late February or early March. Just scanning through all his games before that, it's all diplo and 2v2 noob bashes. That's over the course of several years. Long before quake. (Incidentally, here's me, you, rofl and Edward in a 2v2 when I was still quite a noob. Good times.) To me "top ten" (even top 20 and beyond) means you should have lots and lots of games with other people in that category. I don't know how else ranking could work. Dotch at 15 is a bit curious too.

Anyway, rankings in this game are always going to be hard. It's impossible to really say anything absolute. Most people can beat (and be beaten by) a lot of people. The best one could do is map out tiers of people who would have a roughly even chance in a heads up game. But that's not very exciting.

This is somewhat the point of the ranking. It is my opinion of how you good you are. I try to watch the recs when I can, and in ROFL's case, he and I play a lot together. And just seeing what he does there is why he is so high. If I thought he didnt deserve to be there, then he wouldn't.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Updated again. R3D is establishing himself again so he jumps in the list. Some fall off the list and added a couple. Should be interesting.
Mr.Cows
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Cows » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:57 am

I feel like the top 5 is a complete mess. If R3D is still as capable as he was when he left then he should definetly be first. No question. I consider Laika to be better than me too because he has better fleet work+blind nuking. I cant say the same about Baton though. I think we are pretty much equal with Baton (dont rage at me just my opinion). And then comes everyone else.

Return to “General”