March 2014 poll : What next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What should we focus on next?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Bug fixes - eg AI errors, crash bugs, game glitches, broken content
11%
Performance enhancements - permitting higher capacity prisons at high FPS, with less frame lag
6%
New and different starting conditions - eg existing broken jail / harsh landscapes
3%
New 'Mid game' content - eg new grants / staff / weapons / rooms / furniture / jobs / reform programs etc
27%
New simulation systems - eg drug abuse / gangs / complex injuries / weather + seasons
30%
The 'End game' - ie Parole / re-offending / victory+failure conditions / game-over events / score
9%
Please stop adding new systems, and improve/finish the existing systems first
4%
Campaign mode - ie illustrated story chapters like the introduction with written characters and dilemmas
4%
Better mod support - eg support for community created game objects, staff etc
2%
Game balance - rebalancing of all prices, timers, systems etc, so the game is challenging and fair
4%
I want everything above - and my vote will therefore be ignored
1%

Total votes: 1639
esdee
level1
level1

Re: March 2014 poll : What next?

Postby esdee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:44 pm

1. Fix major bugs that prevent people from playing the game (*hint* not being able to save the game due to foreign letters *hint*)

2. Simulation systems and engame features that increase the depth of the game. We have tools to make things happen, but we hardly see any kind of outcome. Systems like gangs and high profile prisoners would be awesome, lots of gameplay potential there. Convict code! I think things like that would make the game more authentic.
user42
level1
level1

Postby user42 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Since there is no "none of the above" option, please accept my write-in: I'd like to see the debug tools you use internally rolled out, either in the form of cheats or in the form of debug builds with additional tools for the hackers among us.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:05 pm

user42 wrote:Since there is no "none of the above" option, please accept my write-in: I'd like to see the debug tools you use internally rolled out, either in the form of cheats or in the form of debug builds with additional tools for the hackers among us.

Isn't "I want everything above - and my vote will therefore be ignored" the "None of the above" option? :P

xander
^BuGs^
level0

Postby ^BuGs^ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:27 am

AI and Bugs fixes. Thanks Chris.
aw_hockey
level0

Postby aw_hockey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:44 am

i would love it if we were able to investigate murders so that there are no "unsolved murders" in the jail. also on that topic... how about we no longer make the execution chamber just for show? and a "death row" zone. another possibly useful thing would be towers and scoped rifles instead of shotguns. and they have a decent range too. now i'm not saying make them have range forthe entire map, however give them something decent, like 25m. cause if you had something along the lines of 50, well that would cover nearly the entire map, if they didn't have to shoot through buildings that is.
Egg-Roll
level2
level2

Postby Egg-Roll » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:42 pm

xander wrote:Egg-Roll, it was a joke.

xander

What is this word "joke" you speak of? I've never heard of it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Egg-Roll wrote:
xander wrote:Egg-Roll, it was a joke.

xander

What is this word "joke" you speak of? I've never heard of it.

I can tell. :P

xander
blacksythe
level2
level2

Postby blacksythe » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:00 am

New simulations and better mod support for me because having the community break your code is the best way of finding out how to not have them break your code.
Whiskey11
level0

Postby Whiskey11 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:28 am

I think any focus on anything but fixing what is already in the game will continue to aggravate early adopters to the game. I'm becoming EXTREMELY annoyed by the inability to station staff members (cooks specifically although janitors and gardeners too) in areas to be efficient. This has killed off the ability to have segregated prisons (you know, like in real life :P) because you can't have multiple separate kitchens and canteens as the cooks will not staff multiple kitchens and provide food to the appropriate canteens. To add insult to injury, multiple laundry rooms do not work if they are in different security levels and multiple workshops are not staffed according to assigned jobs. If you have 3 workshops and 2 have NO assigned workers, they will still have workers in them. Let us also finish the Lawyer feature, the Morgue feature (solving murders) and other aspects of the game already there.

PLEASE I'm begging you Introversion. Fix it!
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 am

I would like to see the legal aspect expanded on. The ability to reduce penalties and such with lawyers. I mean it already has a number of placeholders in so why not.
user42
level1
level1

Postby user42 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:28 am

Everybody's talking about the lawyer feature, IS the lawyer even a feature yet? Somewhere I read that they are supposed to reduce penalties for escaping prisoners and stuff. Are they supposed to get a role in the new reform feature also?
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 pm

user42 wrote:Everybody's talking about the lawyer feature, IS the lawyer even a feature yet? Somewhere I read that they are supposed to reduce penalties for escaping prisoners and stuff. Are they supposed to get a role in the new reform feature also?

They had purpose in PRE-ALPHA state and they were useful on removing penalities. Penalties were an end-game system which ended up unfair. 100 penalties and you would get fired, marking game-over. 25 penalty points for murder and escape. All these were removed/replaced by money penalty when selling your prison.
Aznsteel
level1
level1

Postby Aznsteel » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 pm

My Opinion is to advance the Work system by adding Currency. With Currency, your prisoners are able to buy goods from a place and with that would continue with the addiction system, good behavior and eventually Gangs.
NJDevils1214
level0

Postby NJDevils1214 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:44 pm

The only specific thing I'd like is for lawyers to get finished. I am really happy with PA so far, and am happy with the direction it is headed. It's really great that the devs include the community as much as they do as well.

Also, rather than the campaign mode focusing on characters and a story, I'd much prefer to have it work in a more classic "tycoon style" campaign mode. One where the player enters into a scenario with a back story that sets the stage for an issue, specific objectives to complete, and finite resources which to complete it with. The Railroad Tycoon series is an example that illustrates what I mean. This may have already been discussed, sorry in advance if I am repeating anything.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:39 am

fix bugs/incomplete parts of the game (lawyers,the "chair",add a punishment for complaints, make rooms that are doubled work better (laundries)...fix issues with order of operations (the injured should be sent to the med bed first and foremost, then to the cell), add a patrol option to doctors, fix the workshop training issues that came with the last update, im sure there are more (i cannot think of at the moment)

add in sniper towers...(i know they wont really be "towers"....more like sniper rooms, so i can shoot inmates making a run for it/rioting)

add in some more ways to work prisoners/make money for the prison....although if the training worked better that may not be needed.

some sort of system/option to be able to keep inmates past their sentence if the kill others. (basically add more time on)

add cheat codes/program to help the ones that like to cheat...(most games have them)

Return to “Community Members”