Server Ideas (Anything Is Possible!)

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Server Ideas (Anything Is Possible!)

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Now I am asking if anyone has any good cool ideas for servers. Remember anything is possible. There really is no more limitations on what we can do to servers. Please do not be shy speak up if you have any ideas! (:

Example:

• Game Mode: 1v1 - 2v2v2 - 2v2 - 3v3 - Diplo - Custom - Default Or All-In-One.
  • Score Modes
  • City's: 25-200
  • Population: 25-200
  • City Placement: Random, Default, Equalized.
  • Deification Possible or Not Possible At What Point In The Game?
  • Radar Sharing: Automatic To Alliance, Choose Freely, or Have It Only Available At A Certain Point Of The Game.
  • Cease Fire: Auto, Optional, or Have It Only Available At A Certain Point Of The Game.
  • Variable Enabled: Unlimited Credits or Normal U.C
  • YOU CAN RESTRICT TERRITORY Not Just For 1v1.
  • Forbid Units From Being Placed.
  • You Can Add Mods To The Server.

And Many, Many, Many More Endless Options To Choose From People!

List Of All Options And Commands For A Server Here.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Re: Server Ideas (Anything Is Possible!)

Postby Ghost Division » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Well I have an idea :)
*Game mode:2v2v2
*Defction enabled for whole game
*Radar sharing is optional
*Cease fire optional
*Random cities and population(35 cities)
*Normal U.C
*Score mode:Genocide
If the idea is used, I would like to ask u guys to name the server "friendship breaker" due to given config :lol: :mrgreen:
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Ghost Division wrote:Well I have an idea :)
*Game mode:2v2v2
*Defction enabled for whole game
*Radar sharing is optional
*Cease fire optional
*Random cities and population(35 cities)
*Normal U.C
*Score mode:Genocide
If the idea is used, I would like to ask u guys to name the server "friendship breaker" due to given config :lol: :mrgreen:

Very nice idea, It will be definitely taken into account. Still if you would like to add to the list of commands you gave me :p (So many options :mrgreen: )
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 am

Diplo with only silo, radar and sub units enabled. Variable units for more nukes + totally random cities with big pop. I'm curious about players' interaction with only that little info on what's going on.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:13 am

Laika_rus wrote:Diplo with only silo, radar and sub units enabled. Variable units for more nukes + totally random cities with big pop. I'm curious about players' interaction with only that little info on what's going on.

Good One. I really like the idea.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:35 am

I was thinking a mod only server? maybe dmw 4.0 with the instructions how to play on the server in the opening comment box of the server itself with thread in forum for the link to exact mod download? This would be awesome.....
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Laika_rus wrote:Diplo with only silo, radar and sub units enabled. Variable units for more nukes + totally random cities with big pop. I'm curious about players' interaction with only that little info on what's going on.

To hit on that idea even more, I was thinking a diplo with a Fog of war kind of setup. No silos, only fleets and Airbases available. Should be an interesting look.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Or perhaps a diplo or even a 1v1/2v2 server to where no units are visible until Defcon 1.
Just imagining the look on someones face when 44 bombers are right on top of their fleet or Silos.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Endless wrote:Or perhaps a Diplo server to where no units are visible until Defcon 1.

Well I really love that idea. But not quit sure how to make it happen. I know how to restrict radar in till certain points of the game. But to make units invisible in till Defcon 1 will be tricky. I will give it a shot most definitely.

nuclear cocaine wrote:I was thinking a mod only server? Maybe dmw 4.0.

What mod is that? Could you provide me a link to the mod please. I also love the idea of running a mod server but not sure how the community would like it. But If you get enough supports I would put a Mod server up definitely.

Lastly, I really like all these Ideas. So it will take some time for me to think witch ones to put up. My favorite so far would be Endless idea of making units invisible.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:13 am

Endless wrote:

To hit on that idea even more, I was thinking a diplo with a Fog of war kind of setup. No silos, only fleets and Airbases available. Should be an interesting look.

I like the idea of a diplo server where you have to join up with one, or sometimes 2 other players and keep that team consistent throughout the game. Also, you have to team up before Defcon 3. And instead of playing passively like diplo, set the scoring options so that it encourages aggressive play. Maybe +2 for a mega kill and -1 for a mega death.

We could call it 2v2. Or 3v3.

8)
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:12 pm

kudayta wrote:I like the idea of a diplo server where you have to join up with one, or sometimes 2 other players and keep that team consistent throughout the game. Also, you have to team up before Defcon 3. And instead of playing passively like diplo, set the scoring options so that it encourages aggressive play. Maybe +2 for a mega kill and -1 for a mega death.

8)

Why? You still wouldnt play it. :)
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:09 am

Endless wrote:
kudayta wrote:I like the idea of a diplo server where you have to join up with one, or sometimes 2 other players and keep that team consistent throughout the game. Also, you have to team up before Defcon 3. And instead of playing passively like diplo, set the scoring options so that it encourages aggressive play. Maybe +2 for a mega kill and -1 for a mega death.

8)

Why? You still wouldnt play it. :)

Touche.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Endless wrote:Or perhaps a Diplo or even a 1v1/2v2 server to where no units are visible until Defcon 1.
Just imagining the look on someones face when 44 bombers are right on top of their fleet or Silos.

Well I looked over the Sample Config and didn't find any Commands for it. But I am sure there is a command for hidden units within the hundreds of samples.... So if someone would like to help find a way to do this that would be great!

Here is the sample config where you can look for it:
List Of All Options And Commands For A Server Here.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:33 am

Afaik it's hardcoded to happen at Defcon 4.
FunkyMonkeyBaby
level2
level2

Postby FunkyMonkeyBaby » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:48 pm

This idea came from Fucking America.

Server info:
Game mode: Free for all (requires 5-6 players)
Cities per territory: Maximum
Pop per territory: Maximum
City population: Totally Random
Radar sharing: Off
Cease fire: Off
Game speed: Maximum (maybe 10x)
Victory trigger: Starts in Defcon 1
Victory timer: Normal (45 mins)
Score mode: Survivor
:::Only Silos and Radars available, other units are closed:::

Server name: Cold Revenge

Return to “General”