Modding Prison Architect

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

#fookin.RedOctober
level1
level1

Re: Upcoming feature : Mod support

Postby #fookin.RedOctober » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:29 am

Is it possible to modify rooms? I want to add wood and kill zones, while I know what I'd clone and modify to do that I would like to know if it can be done.
jackbua
level1
level1

Postby jackbua » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:27 pm

#fookin.RedOctober wrote:Is it possible to modify rooms? I want to add wood and kill zones, while I know what I'd clone and modify to do that I would like to know if it can be done.

I have seen the code that looks like it is defining rooms within the materials.txt file.use CTRL+F to search for "cell".

Here is a sample of what you will see

Code: Select all

BEGIN Room       
    Name                 Cell 
    Capturable           true
    BEGIN Requirement Type MinimumSize  x 2  y 3  END
    BEGIN Requirement Type Enclosed END
    BEGIN Requirement Type Indoor  END
    BEGIN Requirement Type Object  Id Bed  END
    BEGIN Requirement Type Object  Id Toilet  END
    BEGIN LikelyObject   Id      Bed            END
    BEGIN LikelyObject   Id      Toilet         END
    BEGIN LikelyObject   Id      JailDoor      END
END

also be sure to open up the base-language.txt file and add lines for the room you make. In there it looks like you need to add it in a few places, but I haven't done anything like that yet.
I am not sure what the point of Likely Object is, but the rest seems simple enough. I hope it works for you.
#fookin.RedOctober
level1
level1

Postby #fookin.RedOctober » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:09 am

OK, thanks for that. I'll report back on results.
jackbua
level1
level1

Postby jackbua » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:31 am

#fookin.RedOctober wrote:OK, thanks for that. I'll report back on results.

I've been doing a little snooping around in the materials.txt file and found a room that is not yet available in the game, the Library. It exists in the file just as much as any other room, but it doesn't yet have an icon that allows you to create it. So this is relevant to our last conversation because, without the ability to make icons in the room menu, you can make rooms all day, but cannot ever use them. the same would apply to objects(people included) and inventory items, like tazers, guns and rifles (all of which are in the game files).

Does anyone know how to make Icons and link them to objects/rooms in the game?
#fookin.RedOctober
level1
level1

Postby #fookin.RedOctober » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:17 am

icons would be added by modifying the png with the icons in (I think it is icons.png as it happens) but you have to be able to get the game to look for the icon. There is an X/Y position related to research menu, which i believe is related to the pos on the menu, rather than the position of images in the png it references to show the menu. If that makes sense at this time in the morning. I haven't poked around too far but you're looking for something along the lines of that.

that said until we can modify outcomes and behaviours for rooms we're a bit stuck for somethings to a point. I mean I want to build wooden huts that are pretty much holding cells, until I can get the number of beds held in each cell to add to the prisoner count I'm going nowhere as that's a part of things for me.

Looks like a weekend of poking around.
FlipJaxx
level0

Postby FlipJaxx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:42 am

I would love a "dictator"-mod, with the ability to execute prisoners with a fireing squad :twisted:
And ofcourse these executions would raise prisoners "fear"-levels, so that the more "fragile" offenders would be less likely to start riots (and perhaps tremble in fear when the guards pass them).
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:51 am

"Upcoming"?

Seriously. You guys should change that.
Griffork
level0

Postby Griffork » Sat May 03, 2014 3:55 am

Hello.

I'm currently in development of a mod for Prison Architect, and was wondering a few things:

1) Is there a way to spawn prisoners via lua? E.g. Game.SpawnPrisoners, Game.Delivery etc.? (What is the function signature for these?)

2) Will there be support for grants that result in prisoners arriving (or support for triggers in grants.lua)? - I don't particularly want to create a scenario, because that means you can't use a random map.

3) What does Game.DebugOut do?

4) I'm trying to change 'grants' to 'missions', however it looks like the banner on the grants page isn't in the language file (if that's not clear I can supply an image describing what I mean).

I'm (slowly) going through and filling out http://prisonarchitectwiki.com/wiki/Modding_guide#Available_Functions with all of the information I stumble across.

Thanks in Advance!

Griffork.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sat May 03, 2014 1:38 pm

There's already a really good resource for modding and available functions on the dev wiki. Look under Modding and Lua. I'd suggest taking a look there, and then trying out the things you want to do.
Griffork
level0

Postby Griffork » Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 am

elDiablo wrote:There's already a really good resource for modding and available functions on the dev wiki. Look under Modding and Lua. I'd suggest taking a look there, and then trying out the things you want to do.

Wow, thanks! I still have a lot of questions, but at least now I can get started! I just wish that Lua Page showed up in google, I would have found it a lot earlier.

Is there a way to find an object that gets delivered and apply an ID to it (for example an electric chair)?

Also, (and I know I asked this already) is there a way to change the banner on the grants page to say something other than grants?

Thanks for your help!

Griffork.
keirjohnharry
level0

Postby keirjohnharry » Wed May 07, 2014 7:37 pm

So I love modding and I've tried to add various things to the research layout but can only edit the current location of things , opening the prisonarchitect executable in hopper I can see a few bits of string that could be edited but it would be very hard. Is introversion going to open it up to make it easier for mods to completely change the game ? I cant even add objects as the moment as I cant see where theyre stored in main.dat

Thanks
Iamgoofball
level0

Postby Iamgoofball » Thu May 08, 2014 4:05 am

I have a question.

Is adding new objects disabled or not allowed? I can't seem to get it to allow me to add a new Staff Member or a new Room type.
Emmote
level0

Postby Emmote » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Iamgoofball wrote:I have a question.

Is adding new objects disabled or not allowed? I can't seem to get it to allow me to add a new Staff Member or a new Room type.

Have been trying to do add a new object into the game aswell.

I've added it to the materials.txt, objects.png, objects.spritebank, language/base-language.txt and sounds.txt and yet it still refuses to show up in-game.

Either this seems to be impossible, or I'm doing something wrong.
Lexx2k
level1
level1

Re: Modding Prison Architect

Postby Lexx2k » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Hej folks,

got a short question too:

I am toying around with the scenario stuff right now. Is it correct that various features are disabled in case of starting a scripted scenario similar to the Deathrow tutorial? For example, the bureaucracy tab is always locked, despite a warden being around (already in the map or fired / rehired, doesn't help). Also the emergency and report button(s) are hidden. So far I just can't find out how to enable them.

Anyone got ideas about this?
Lexx2k
level1
level1

Re: Modding Prison Architect

Postby Lexx2k » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 am

No answer in 5+ days, so I'll guess it's not possible? Sucks, because this makes the scenario feature useless as of right now. :/

Return to “Community Members”