Prisoner Uniforms stuck?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

zmole
level0

Prisoner Uniforms stuck?

Postby zmole » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:55 pm

Hey all i have no idea if this is a me specific bug or anything but here goes

every time i build the laundry since alpha 16 the uniforms are unloaded from the trucks and placed into the delivery area and there they stay permanently -_-
i have had so many riots due to having no clean clothes. anyone know a fix or suffering from the same ?

*also im just running base game no mods/ graphic packs or etc*
JSD
level1
level1

Re: Prisoner Uniforms stuck?

Postby JSD » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:39 am

How is your delivery zoned? Is it set to staff only?

Since Alpha 16 janitors will now help out with the laundry. Moving the uniform for delivery to laundry, and from laundry to cells. They may even do wash the stuff for time to time. I believe (only believe, have no really confirmation about this one) that guards no longer will bring the uniform to the laundry room as in releases before 16. Janitors do the work now since Alpha 16. Or prisoners during work time, if not zoned the delivery to staff only. So, do you have janitors besides the prisoners working as janitor? (Note; the janitors have a primary goal, and that is cleaning. The balancing is still a little bit off, so it may take some time before they start doing the laundry jobs.)
Rafe
level1
level1

Postby Rafe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:32 am

zmole wrote:Hey all i have no idea if this is a me specific bug or anything but here goes

every time i build the laundry since alpha 16 the uniforms are unloaded from the trucks and placed into the delivery area and there they stay permanently -_-
i have had so many riots due to having no clean clothes. anyone know a fix or suffering from the same ?

*also im just running base game no mods/ graphic packs or etc*

This is clearly a bug and has been around for a while now, maybe since 16. Guards used to take the delivery new uniforms from the delivery zone and bring them to the laundry. While you get get around this using prisoners if you have you delivery zone set to only staff they will sit there forever.

One way to get around this is to save your game then immediately reload it. Guards will then recognize and respond to the uniforms.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 am

No bug, janitors will do it but it seems with low priority...
Dybing
level1
level1

Postby Dybing » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:18 pm

The Janitors get around to it eventually - if not very busy doing other stuff. So you'll need more than one of them for them to get on top of things. So scale number of Janitors with the size of your prison. One Janitor per 20-30 prisoners do nicely for me.

Another issue with laundry is distribution of new uniforms for separate wings with their own laundries. Like this new prison I've done since alpha17. Started out as a normal-security prison only, and as I got over the cash-hump and started raking it in, I built an entirely new wing for Max-Sec prisoners. Completely separated from the other Normal-Sec wing. Having its' own Laundry, Kitchen, Canteen, Yard, Visitation room and so on. All set to Max-Sec only. And in-between the two wings are passageways set to staff only (and heavy duty isolation-cell doors).

First issue that popped up, is that even as I was equipping the Kitchen, the cooks started running off there to store food, clean trays and cook even though it was not designated as kitchen yet. Second issue was that my Max-Sec isolation-cells was being used by the guards to store Normal-Sec prisoners behaving badly. Even-though they are much further away than the Normal-Security isolation-cells.

Back to the laundry, as my Max-Wing started getting populated, some was set to work at the Max-Sec Laundry. It soon became apparent that no new uniforms got delivered there. My Janitors took them to the Normal-Sec Laundry, leaving the Max-Sec prisoners with dirty uniforms for days on end - which did not amuse them in the least. The Janitors never bothered to push a laundry-basket to the Max-Sec Wing after first failing to deliver new garbs there. Though they would nab the empty Laundry-Baskets I put there, and take them to the Normal-Sec wing for use there.

After a few bloodfights and very restless angry dangerous prone to violence inmates roaming my Max-Sec Wing, I caved and worked around the problem by setting both laundries as shared, and the passage between them as shared. Promtly a couple of Max-Sec prisoners on Laundry-duty went to the other Laundry, nabbed two Laundry-Baskets and carted them off to the Max-Sec wing for distribution. Once the uniform rotation gets settled in, I'll once more set up my little original plan of keeping them entirely separated. But for now, some population-mixing is unavoidable.
zmole
level0

Postby zmole » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 pm

i tried the whole janitor thing i have 7 janitors to about 40 prisioners and they just act like the uniforms aren't there no matter what same thing happens with the bleach for the cleaning cuboard just gets left.

i tried saveing and reloading and then the guards, workers, janitors seemed to realised that there were uniforms and bleach waiting -_-

thanks for that tip btw
Rafe
level1
level1

Postby Rafe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:15 pm

zmole wrote:i tried the whole janitor thing i have 7 janitors to about 40 prisioners and they just act like the uniforms aren't there no matter what same thing happens with the bleach for the cleaning cuboard just gets left.

i tried saveing and reloading and then the guards, workers, janitors seemed to realised that there were uniforms and bleach waiting -_-

thanks for that tip btw

Yeah if there was a clearer case of a bug i couldnt' think of it. There is no reason saving and re-loading should solve an in game problem, that it does demonstrates this is not intentional game behavior.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Place a table in you laundry

Return to “Community Members”