[suggestion] contraband should be forgotten about over time

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

b0rk
level1
level1

[suggestion] contraband should be forgotten about over time

Postby b0rk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Right I've got a prison that has run for 100+ days the current contraband system on choosing "all time" shows contraband from day 1 which TBH has no benefit in deciding how to manage the prison. I'd suggest that any contraband found more than 30 days previously should be forgotten about and moreover any undiscovered contraband should only have 30 days or less of history available once discovered.
planettop92
level2
level2

Re: [suggestion] contraband should be forgotten about over t

Postby planettop92 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:49 pm

...but I like seeing all the contraband ever found.

It'll be nice to see contraband found within certain time periods though, maybe through a slider of some sort. that way, we can see how the prison's changed in terms of security over time.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:36 am

i agree - i would love to see the old contraband just dissappear from it but its could be shown in history tab within report - example prisoner leaves and the linked contrabands would just name as used by previous prisoner
bandon41
level1
level1

Postby bandon41 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:05 am

planettop92 wrote:...but I like seeing all the contraband ever found.

It'll be nice to see contraband found within certain time periods though, maybe through a slider of some sort. that way, we can see how the prison's changed in terms of security over time.

I agree, though i do understand rsdworker's point, if no contraband has been found the last month you know you prison is good, and it will no longer matter what they found at the start. I think you should be at least be able to togle between recent and all, and in the best case we would get 2 sliders to decide between what two dates the statistics are shown for.
UberFuber
level1
level1

Postby UberFuber » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Another point is the potential performance impact of keeping track ALL contraband since the beginning of prison. For long term prison, that might result in a massive cluster of contraband information.

Perhaps an option for player to clear out all contraband records, so player can control when they want to restart the tracking.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 pm

UberFuber wrote:Another point is the potential performance impact of keeping track ALL contraband since the beginning of prison. For long term prison, that might result in a massive cluster of contraband information.

Perhaps an option for player to clear out all contraband records, so player can control when they want to restart the tracking.

i agree with you - a clear out old infomation or save to records either would work

Return to “Community Members”