Mod Database

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: Mod Database

Postby RGeezy911 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:35 pm

janvier123 wrote:with the last video on youtube they have upload they literately said "fuck'em"
Thats how much respect the have for us

You have a very poor sense of humor.

If you're so pissed about them not answering your emails, why don't you fly down to Surrey, England and hand them your résumé so you can get hired to answer their messages?

They consist of a least seven employees. Your expectations are way too high. They do what they can do, so you should- at least -show some respect for the hard work they put out to make a great game for you to play.

PS: I sent a message to Introversion about some dev wiki vandalism. That was about three months ago, and it really doesn't matter if they answered or not because I understood their situation, and was not expecting to get a reply.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:12 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:If you're so pissed about them not answering your emails, why don't you fly down to Surrey, England and hand them your résumé so you can get hired to answer their messages?

They consist of a least seven employees. Your expectations are way too high. They do what they can do, so you should- at least -show some respect for the hard work they put out to make a great game for you to play.

PS: I sent a message to Introversion about some dev wiki vandalism. That was about three months ago, and it really doesn't matter if they answered or not because I understood their situation, and was not expecting to get a reply.

I don't think being a small company justifices that, they chose to put Prison Architect in an early access phase and let it be sold 300,000 times even tough they aren't capable of handling such a vast amount of players, I understand what both of you mean but in the end it's just IV's fault. I just don't think you should blame them, what would you have done/do?
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:03 am

I would rather have them spending time on the game than on emails tbh..
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am

So do I, I would love the fly to England and murder all their friends and family so all they have left in life is Prison Architect and they will work on it 24/7. Unfortunatly that's against the law.... :D
janvier123
level1
level1

Postby janvier123 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:08 pm

sense of humor or not, that is not my point
That they dont even reply on my messages, is a whole other story

Saying "Fuck'em" to your (BUYING) members is DISRESPECTFUL!
I truly want to help with with support any anything at all, i really do, but with that kind of attitude ...
Thats my point
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:43 pm

janvier123 wrote:sense of humor or not, that is not my point
That they dont even reply on my messages, is a whole other story

Saying "Fuck'em" to your (BUYING) members is DISRESPECTFUL!
I truly want to help with with support any anything at all, i really do, but with that kind of attitude ...
Thats my point

And what would you say if people call you a whore?
What you are doing now, is disrespectful as well.

As you can hear yourself in the video, they were joking when they said "fuck 'em". If no-one is allowed to make a joke, then I suggest you stop living.

Most of all, they are not obligated to reply to each and every e-mail. If they would do that, it would probably cost them 2 more people.
Now if you are willing to pay your own ticket to fly to England, pay for your own living there, and are willing to reply to each and every e-mail, including all the spam they get, I think they will send you an invite in an instant.
If not, just wait for them to respond. If they don't respond, you can try to send the e-mail again. Maybe it got (accidentally) deleted or filtered by the spam filter.

Keep in mind that with the holidays, not everyone is working.
Most people are out of office between December 14th and January 12th.
Normally you can expect a responce within 3 business days, and they say that they are about 7 days behind.
What I'd suggest you is to wait at least untill January 26th before complaining again. Give them a chance to respond.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:43 am

Master-Guy wrote:Most people are out of office between December 14th and January 12th.

Not that long, mostly just inbetween christmas and new year. Or this year also on monday so they have the whole week off
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:00 am

Just getting back on topic for a moment, someone earlier said they didn't know the mods were listed on the wiki and then suggested:
make a simple website for mods, cuz not everyone will now this

Okay, I'm just going to say it. This is a laughably bad idea and a waste of time. The 'problem' is that people don't know about the wiki. The solution is to inform people about the existence of the mod page on the wiki.
Creating a whole new site for mods is not a good idea for many reasons:
1. You're still going to have the exact same problem. That is, people won't know about the mod site. In fact a whole lot more people will know about the wiki than the mod site.
2. Mods are released and modified frequently. A mod site would need someone to do this constantly. It _will_ go out of date and eventually be obsolete.
3. The wiki is the best way to do this as it allows modders to update information about their own mods, unless you're suggesting a wikified mod site. If you are, see point 1.
4. It further dilutes the Prison Architect information repositories. We already have two forums, the blog, the bug tracker and the wiki.

/rant

Oh, and:

*facepalm*

Return to “General”