Please can someone explain this bug to me fully

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

impensus
level1
level1

Please can someone explain this bug to me fully

Postby impensus » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:07 pm

okay i have been having alot of trouble, i mean alot! with the foundation glitch where it pops up saying requires enterance, here is an example: http://i44.tinypic.com/vjo75.jpg

after planning i just hover over everything and create a foundation, i dont insert doors or anything, i would like to know this:
how do i fix this bug, someone told me to place a door, i would like to know where to place the door like not where to place the door in the picture but how i decide where to place the door, what causes this glitch? and are there other methods to fix this, i know i have posted alot of threads about this but i have not yet had chance to play this game and im sure you would be annoyed like me if you just bought a game and it didnt work! i would appreciate any form of feedback possible that will help me play this game with out this bug impairing my ability to do so, thank you very much - Impensus (prison architect noob)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Re: Please can someone explain this bug to me fully

Postby thekillergreece » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Its a known bug, just place a jail door on the "foundation" sight and then...
impensus
level1
level1

Postby impensus » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:29 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Its a known bug, just place a jail door on the "foundation" sight and then...

thanks for your help, can you be more specific, as i highlighted the whole area of my planning i would consider that the foundation site, do i place it near the text? do i place it anywhere i just need to know thanks :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Would you please stop creating new topics to answer the same question? By my count, you have created five nearly identical topics. This is not the way to get help. If you want help, create one topic, so that people can reply to that without getting confused about what you have tried, what you haven't tried, and what replies have been given.

As to your problem, there are no entrances into either of the blocks that you have laid out as foundation. You need to install a door of some kind along the edge, but not in the corner, of the region marked as foundation.

xander

EDIT: Since I didn't address this above, contrary to thekillergreece's post, your problem is not the result of any bug that I know of. You simply have not placed an entrance anywhere.
Maraio1
level1
level1

Postby Maraio1 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 pm

This is not a Bug!
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:09 am

And here is my response from one of your other threads:

RGeezy911 wrote:You need to draw your foundation directly over the existing foundation wall that you want to expand. Otherwise, you will need a door on the edge of the foundation construction blueprint in order for it to complete.
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:50 am

You are clearly not worth our help, as you are one of those people that despite the correct help, do not follow the instructions provided.
But since it's christmas, I'll be the nice guy, and spell it all out for you, even if this is your 5th topic about a bug that is actually a user stupidity.

1) Stop calling this a bug: You make some mistakes, not the game.
2) Did you watch the video I gave you?

Master-Guy wrote:1) Read this topic, and mainly the first post: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17453
2) Read this topic, and mainly the first post: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21233
3) If you have read and understand the two posts, please watch this video to understand the basics of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTRZrKeSCY

Source: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46595&p=553770#p553770

3) Perhaps this will make it more clear to you:

Here you will see 4 foundations:
- Yellow
- Red
- Pink
- Blue

Only the Yellow foundation has a jaildoor (Green) and is finished.
Now take another look:
- Red cannot be completed because it has no jaildoor. Because it is a new foundation, not attached to any other foundation, it cannot share a door.
- Pink cannot be completed because it has no jaildoor. The way this foundation is placed (next to Yellow), it will use the wall of Yellow as a wall. Pink then has 4 walls, but no doors.
- Blue is the interesting one: It is placed ON an existing foundation Yellow. This means it will break down the wall of Yellow and expand the area where Yellow is. Blue then only has 3 walls and can share the Green door of Yellow.

4) Door placement is also good to know how to do it. Try looking at this picture:

There are three foundations:
- Red
- Green
- Blue
For all three foundations there is a jaildoor placed in the purple square.

What is happening here?
- For the Red foundation, the door is not in the wall. If this foundation would complete, you would have 4 walls with a door on the floor. Think of it as you sitting in a big box and holding a door in your hands.
- For the Green foundation the door is located in the wall. This way if the foundation is complete, you can walk through the door in the wall to enter or leave the building
- For the Blue foundation the door is on the outside of the building. This would mean you are in a huge box, and have no door at all.

5) The difference between walls and foundations:
4 walls are not a foundation, but a foundation does contain 4 walls.
It's the same as that 4 walls are not a house, but a house does have 4 walls.
This is how you tell the difference:

- Yellow is 4 walls and a jaildoor, and will not have a floor or a roof. Once built, it will look like Purple. You cannot make any indoor rooms here, for example cells.
- Blue is a foundation without a jaildoor. If I would put in a jaildoor on the bottom, the workers would make it into what is Green.

In step 3 we learned that you can expand foundations if they overlap.
If you look at Red in the picture, you will see that the foundation overlaps with the 4 walls and the jaildoor. However, because as explained in this image with Yellow, 4 walls and a door are not a building.
Because of this, the foundation cannot use the door that is in the walls, and thus the foundation cannot be completed.

Please do us all a favor and watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTRZrKeSCY
It will explain a lot to you as a new player of the game.

With christmas regards,
"Master-Guy" Marcel
Last edited by Master-Guy on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
impensus
level1
level1

Postby impensus » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:32 am

I appreciate all of your help so much i fully understand now thanks :)
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:07 am

impensus wrote:I appreciate all of your help so much i fully understand now thanks :)

And have fun playing!
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:26 am

xander wrote:Would you please stop creating new topics to answer the same question? By my count, you have created five nearly identical topics. This is not the way to get help. If you want help, create one topic, so that people can reply to that without getting confused about what you have tried, what you haven't tried, and what replies have been given.

As to your problem, there are no entrances into either of the blocks that you have laid out as foundation. You need to install a door of some kind along the edge, but not in the corner, of the region marked as foundation.

xander

EDIT: Since I didn't address this above, contrary to thekillergreece's post, your problem is not the result of any bug that I know of. You simply have not placed an entrance anywhere.

Oh shut up......just don't read it :/
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:01 pm

jois13 wrote:
xander wrote:Would you please stop creating new topics to answer the same question? By my count, you have created five nearly identical topics. This is not the way to get help. If you want help, create one topic, so that people can reply to that without getting confused about what you have tried, what you haven't tried, and what replies have been given.

xander

Oh shut up......just don't read it :/

Why are you here again? And why insult Moderator Xander(Xandy)?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:54 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Why are you here again? And why insult Moderator Xander(Xandy)?

Because he is annoying, not nearly as bad as Joe whatever though
stoner7
level1
level1

Postby stoner7 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Master-Guy,

Your post above ought to be a sticky somewhere. It ought to be in a guide. Well thought out, well explained. Every new player NEEDS that post.

cheers!
planettop92
level2
level2

Postby planettop92 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I agree with stoner7; Master-Guy, you are a saint.

stoner7 wrote:Your post above ought to be a sticky somewhere. It ought to be in a guide. Well thought out, well explained. Every new player NEEDS that post.!

The devwiki does have a quickstart guide: http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/in ... tart_Guide
and a foundations page: http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/in ... Foundation
which needs to be updated.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:23 am

Master-Guy, that could be useful in the wiki quick-start guide... that article does need some updating.

Return to “Community Members”