Therefore, we thought it was fit that a 2v2 "ladder" be set up. I say "ladder" (like "and with this 'layz0r'" ) because a real ladder system can't be set up in the case of 2v2.
That would require a pool of permanent teams, which simply won't work (unless all of you want to prove me wrong, all of a sudden ). So think more of it as a league then a ladder, really.
So, here are the rules (somewhat copied from the 1v1 ladder ):
Simply shout some [preferably comical] variant of 'in'. You will join the bottom of the table. It is not too late to sign up. Don't join unless you are prepared to check this thread frequently, and are available for matches.
How The 2v2 System Works
All competitors are ranked based on wins/losses. Because we assume no fixed teams will be set up, anyone is free to join up with any of the other competitors and challenge one other competitor. This competitor will then invite another signed up competitor to the 2v2 game, as his team buddy. The winning team gains 3 points, the losing teams gets 1 point (for playing the match).
Additionally, permanent teams are not discouraged. If you and someone else often are online at the same time -or can be easily- you're more than welcome to sign up as a permanent team.
Permanent teams will have to come up with a unique team name, which will be used when challenging that team
To be fair and to encourage the team spirit even more, the combined score of both players will determine a win or loss.
The players winning will then get their 3 points, the losing team will get 1 point.
- Defection is not allowed.
- The ShinyBonsai manoeuvre is not allowed
- Multiple territories can be used if both teams agree to this.
- You may not challenge someone if:
- You have been challenged yourself.
- They have challenged someone else.
- When you challenge someone:
- Say so in this thread.
- PM them with the times you are available.
- When challenged, a player:
- Has 3 days to accept the challenge and to look for a team mate.
- Has a further 3 days to play the match.
- The challenger wins the match by default if:
- The challenge is not accepted within 3 days
- The game has not been played within a further 3 days (i.e. within 5 days of the challenge being issued).
- As there is no real ladder system, there is no real advantage or disadvantage in winning/losing by default.
- Please PM me after a match has been played (or not, due to the 'deadlines' being missed)
<some input for these is welcome >
Please inform me if I have missed anything out, or if you have any objections/suggestions.
While the system is very 'informal', the rules can be refined as we go by. Currently it's unknown how many -if any- players will sign up though. The goal is ultimately to stimulate group play and to get really good players to play together to form more refined tactics. Also the 2v2 games should be seen as an alternative to 6-player games (default & diplomacy) and both the 1v1 ladder and 1v1 KOTH games
I've created a network on Hamachi (https://secure.logmein.com/products/ham ... sp?lang=en) so we can easily see which other participants are online.
Feel free to join Def2v2 with password 2v2MAD
Specific ladder-only 2v2 server
I'm running an extra 2v2 server.
To reach it you could connect by IP. Enter defcon.gov-fbi.net (tested, defcon resolves the IP correctly itself, so no need to manually do it. The address is quite easy to remember I believe) and enter port 5020.
However the server is advertising itself ; you should be able to find it in the list of servers either in the lobby, either in "games in progress".
It's password protected, as the plan of using a "hidden server" failed miserably (stupid metaserver).
I've gotten an extra defcon key, which is only used for this server at the moment. I'm going to contemplate the options the new key brings though and see if there is a better combination, or if it's worth setting up an additional server on the extra key or ...
The password will be sent by PM to registered players.
Angel of Death
Sirthomasthegreat ( WOPR )
andym00 (sadistic mule)
The Black Death
kentuckyfried --- Angel Of Death
whac- --- Church
worldidot --- The Black Death
WEPS --- JESUS