Please post all bugs in our Mantis bug tracker, NOT here.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Re: Please post all bugs in our Mantis bug tracker, NOT here

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:23 am

xander wrote:
Meeeps wrote:Well, I fear the bug tracker became unusable, there are so many open tickets, many simply look invalid. I don't think it makes any sense anymore to post bugs there. It got no attention by devs. 2 tickets were resolved since june.

The fact that many of the tickets are useless is a result of the lack of moderation. The tracker moderators have vanished, and IV has not appointed anyone to replace them. Yet another reason to object to the existence of a publicly facing tracker in the first place---though I acknowledge that I lost that battle a long time ago.

That being said, the fact that only two tickets have been closed in the last several months does not imply that the devs do not check the tracker. They simply have not been focusing on bugfixing.

xander

Agree about the moderation, but I still think the situation could be turned around. I must admit that I was impressed when I came on-board the Alpha that IV had deployed a bug tracker. I've seen too many botched efforts of tracking bugs in anything but a bug tracker, including forums. While the current state of the tracker isn't much improvement, the potential is there.

I've used multiple trackers in the past with success, keeping one as public (essentially what we have now), and another that moderators can pull the public artifacts into (via a move operation). This latter tracker is "clean" in the sense that it provides a more tightly controlled list for the developers to work towards. If the permissions administration allows it, I'd allow anyone to comment on artifacts within this "clean" tracker, but not open new artifacts. This would allow consolidation of all the relevant information on a particular bug and be another line of defense against duplicates. Moderation of the public tracker could continue linking the constant stream of duplicates to the one artifact that was moved into the "clean" tracker. Reporters of the now-identified duplicate reports would then see where to post their information. The developers would also have the public tracker as reference if they're interested in the raw data and reports coming in from the community, so no information is ever lost.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, since the game is public like now, it would be easier to close bug tracker again and invite volunteers to admin the bug tracker for the devs. I really do not see how 2-3 people are able to handle 3000 tickets. It is obvious, they kinda ignore bug tracker if they want to be productive on development. It's not a decision if they like to focus on bugs or not, they simply can't. ;-)
fundevin
level0

Postby fundevin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 pm

The biggest problem is that people like the ability to use the search function. There are multiple "cloned" tickets because of laziness. A simple volunteer staff to clear these copies up would reduce the number of open tickets extremely.
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:21 pm

fundevin wrote:The biggest problem is that people like the ability to use the search function. There are multiple "cloned" tickets because of laziness. A simple volunteer staff to clear these copies up would reduce the number of open tickets extremely.

I've send a PM to Chris a couple of days ago volunteering, but have had no reply yet.
If he accepts, I'm willing to clean up the tickets and verify if bugs still exist on all three platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac)
Gomisan
level1
level1

Postby Gomisan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 am

I was part of the FTL alpha test and they seemed to use the 'getStaisfaction' website for bug reporting/tracking pretty succesfully.

perhaps that could be a robust alternative.

https://getsatisfaction.com/
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:58 am

Being new here, i just want to ask why i am not able to enter bug tracking system.

I get the message "Failed to authenticate user" ...

I apologize, should this be the wrong thread but looking into this forum it seems to be a bit chaotic here ... moderators needed?
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:59 pm

You still need to register there too.
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Meeeps wrote:You still need to register there too.

Taking http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/ as starting point i find a link to bug database - there i can login (getting the failure) and can click on register - which brings me back to the first page. The page also says, i allready own P:A.

What am i not getting here? Thanks for your help!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:17 pm

That is the page for creating a forum account. The tracker is here: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/login_page.php . I believe that the page is protected by .htaccess, so you will need to give it your forum credentials to get to the tracker login page. You will then have to create a tracker account, as well.

xander
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:50 pm

xander wrote:That is the page for creating a forum account. The tracker is here: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/login_page.php . I believe that the page is protected by .htaccess, so you will need to give it your forum credentials to get to the tracker login page. You will then have to create a tracker account, as well.

xander

From the link i posted you come to an overview where the mentioned link from you can be find - and if i visit this page, entering my forum credentials, i get the mentioned error ...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Flitzpiepe wrote:
xander wrote:That is the page for creating a forum account. The tracker is here: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/login_page.php . I believe that the page is protected by .htaccess, so you will need to give it your forum credentials to get to the tracker login page. You will then have to create a tracker account, as well.

xander

From the link i posted you come to an overview where the mentioned link from you can be find - and if i visit this page, entering my forum credentials, i get the mentioned error ...

Frankly, I don't know which stage of the authentication is failing. As I said, when you try to access the tracker, you first have to use your forum credentials to get through the first round of authentication, then you have to create a new account for the tracker. Can you provide screenshots of the authentication dialogs that you are filling out and the errors that you are getting?

xander
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am

xander wrote:
Flitzpiepe wrote:

xander

Frankly, I don't know which stage of the authentication is failing. As I said, when you try to access the tracker, you first have to use your forum credentials to get through the first round of authentication, then you have to create a new account for the tracker. Can you provide screenshots of the authentication dialogs that you are filling out and the errors that you are getting?

xander

I visit your link, enter my credentials, get this error:

_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:34 am

Just something to try. It's happened in the past.
_alphaBeta_ wrote:Does your password have any "unusual" characters in it? Try changing your forum password to standard alphanumeric characters with no spaces etc. Way back when I think the portal had issues with special characters, even though the forum accepted them. Just an idea.

From earlier in this thread.
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:26 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:Just something to try. It's happened in the past.
_alphaBeta_ wrote:Does your password have any "unusual" characters in it? Try changing your forum password to standard alphanumeric characters with no spaces etc. Way back when I think the portal had issues with special characters, even though the forum accepted them. Just an idea.

My initial password had only normal characters in it, nothing else. Have changed it - won't work either :/

Is there a different way to search the bug database for a bug/report one?
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 am

Flitzpiepe wrote:
_alphaBeta_ wrote:Just something to try. It's happened in the past.

My initial password had only normal characters in it, nothing else. Have changed it - won't work either :/

Is there a different way to search the bug database for a bug/report one?

Noone which can help me here? ...

Return to “Community Members”