Adding new features and ignoring bugs

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Meeeps
level3
level3

Adding new features and ignoring bugs

Postby Meeeps » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:52 am

I know a lot people here prefer more features instead bug fixing, but couldn't it be possible to get a middle-way? I guess, no obvious bug got fixed and some new bugs got invented with the new feature. If you continue this way, the game will become more unplayable from Alpha to Alpha....

Please consider to make a middle-way from features to bugs, maybe try to fix one of the major bugs while adding a new feature.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Adding new features and ignoring bugs

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:57 am

That's what they do. Look at the changelogs of previous Alphas and you will see lots of bugfixes. Just because this one didn't have that many (I doubt it had NONE, they're not forced to tell us every tiny little correction they make after all :P) doesn't mean they won't fix bugs from now on. The hotfix for the 'cancel construction bug' should be proof enough: If there is a major bug, it'll get fixed promptly.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:03 am

Looks like that Chris didnt made Alpha 15 at most times. His team made it. Johhny on perfomance improvements, Gary on staff improvement adding realistic abilities and Leander on making better mod support.
Bertie
level1
level1

Postby Bertie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 am

You also have to consider those like myself who haven't suffered from many bugs. I've had no bugs (until now) that caused me massive problems, so I'm grateful that they've added new features - if they hadn't then I wouldn't have noticed any difference between the last few alphas, as I didn't need the bug fixes.

Although with the contraband bug I think I might go back to playing Alpha 14 (I find it very satisfying when my dogs / metal detectors find stuff!)
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 am

- dead bodies
- jobs delay (kitchen bug)
- new: cancel
- new: staff idling around (might be related to the new staffroom feature)

The kitchen bug (jobs delay) is by far the most annoying, since food got that much more important, you need to buiild a cooker for 3 prisoners and set quantity to medium to survive with a 200+ inmates prison.
Bertie
level1
level1

Postby Bertie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Meeeps wrote:- new: cancel

That's been fixed and released
SgtGunther
level0

Postby SgtGunther » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Actually i think the performance boost was a great bugfix in this new release.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:08 pm

SgtGunther wrote:Actually i think the performance boost was a great bugfix in this new release.

I think, this is the opposite, the performance boost introduced a new big issue, the faster you let the game run the less cooks are able to prepare for eat.
sutieday
level1
level1

Postby sutieday » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Meeeps wrote:
SgtGunther wrote:Actually i think the performance boost was a great bugfix in this new release.

I think, this is the opposite, the performance boost introduced a new big issue, the faster you let the game run the less cooks are able to prepare for eat.

Actually the performance boost removed prisoner contraband from the game...

Chris wrote:This is a confirmed bug for alpha15. Contraband is being wrongly deleted as part of our recent optimisations. Sorry!
jois13
level2
level2

Postby jois13 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Bertie wrote:

Has it!...
Staxed
level0

Postby Staxed » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:18 pm

jois13 wrote:
Bertie wrote:

Has it!...

yup, was fixed/release almost immediately after it was reported.
straniero
level0

Postby straniero » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 pm

They are doing heavy performance boosting too.
think they are going very well for an alpha release.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Meeeps wrote:I think, this is the opposite, the performance boost introduced a new big issue, the faster you let the game run the less cooks are able to prepare for eat.

Meeeps, is this your newest theory regarding your kitchen problems (and here)? Cook timing doesn't scale with game speed? Did you always run your kitchens on a faster speed pre-Alpha-15?
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:47 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:
Meeeps wrote:I think, this is the opposite, the performance boost introduced a new big issue, the faster you let the game run the less cooks are able to prepare for eat.

Meeeps, is this your newest theory regarding your kitchen problems (and here)? Cook timing doesn't scale with game speed? Did you always run your kitchens on a faster speed pre-Alpha-15?

The thread title already should tell you:-) It is completely new experience to analyze closed buggy alpha software, I think, this is the most fun with this game. Edit: Sadly most active people here lack gameplay experience so I am quite lonely with this issues. :'-( (or they do not care)

Return to “Community Members”