Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby GreenRock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:08 pm

posting to see my level
edit: aww yisss
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:40 pm

What the fuck is with British keyboards? The keys are in the wrong places! Stupid \ where shift should be! STAB! STAB! STABBITY STAB STAB STAB!

xander
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 pm

xander wrote:What the fuck is with British keyboards? The keys are in the wrong places! Stupid \ where shift should be! STAB! STAB! STABBITY STAB STAB STAB!

xander

I have this difficulty with Apple keyboards.
Don't you love the huge return key?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am

microchip08 wrote:
xander wrote:What the fuck is with British keyboards? The keys are in the wrong places! Stupid \ where shift should be! STAB! STAB! STABBITY STAB STAB STAB!

xander

I have this difficulty with Apple keyboards.
Don't you love the huge return key?

\i HATES it!!! There is a shift key where my enter key should be! STAB!

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

xander

Personally here in Israel, AFAIK both types are equally common, or perhaps British are more common. Either way I don't think it makes that much of a difference, but for the record I would normally go with American if given the choice. Doesn't matter really... Every keyboard model takes a day or two to get used to, even if it's the same layout you've been used to.

Your \ command I understand... But what the heck is happening here?!
xander wrote:
microchip08 wrote:Don't you love the huge return key?

\i HATES it!!! There is a shift key where my enter key should be! STAB!

xander

American:

British:
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:50 am

As a Brit, I have a deep-seated resentment of American keyboards from the days when games had hard-coded commands for things. Oh, when I played Half-Life and the Internet would tell me 'oh sure, just press the " key to bring down the console' and I would rage, and then find out that they obviously must have meant the ` key. :roll: (After of course pressing my " key many times and being rewarded with so many @ symbols.)

And anyway, even same-country keyboards can have variety in their layouts, especially the shapes and sizes of shift keys, enter keys, etc.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Question, do you think we need more Mantis mods?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Yes.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Trying to make the switch from cartridge razor or double edge safety razor, it's really quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Another good free game for anybody interested.

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/Minotaur/donate.php#grpc

Also welcome young Delay, the true king of England.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:45 am

So, just out of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Thoughts:

It's certainly better than the first one, being less meandering an a lot more tonally consistent. Is it as good as the LOTR movies? No.

My major gripes with the movie are:
The elf lady, which has a role that doesn't add anything particularly interesting to the movie and, quite honestly, it's almost offensive that they added her just for that.
The other being the ending, not because it's particularly bad, but because it a) feels redundant b) feels pointless. The book had a suitable enough climax for that particular point in the story, but instead they add a new one and finish the movie right before the other climax which they spent half the movie setting up. (I actually vocalized "disgusting sons of bitches" when the credits started rolling).
I was not hugely fond of how they ocasionally tried to tie characters and events from the main storyline back into the additional stuff they've added, though they usually consisted of short remarks.

Other than that, it was a solid, fun movie. The barrel sequence in particular I found lots of good/ridiculous fun. And Smaug was rather neat (and fucking MASSIVE)

Though I think this one can rise or fall in my opinion depending on how it pays out in the third film. Wayyy too many threads dangling.
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 am

If Iv had it's own crypto currency and that was the only way to buy packs of new prisoners..

http://dogecoin.com/

Some of the alternative coins are pretty fun.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Xocrates wrote:So, just out of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Thoughts:

It's certainly better than the first one, being less meandering an a lot more tonally consistent. Is it as good as the LOTR movies? No.

My major gripes with the movie are:
The elf lady, which has a role that doesn't add anything particularly interesting to the movie and, quite honestly, it's almost offensive that they added her just for that.
The other being the ending, not because it's particularly bad, but because it a) feels redundant b) feels pointless. The book had a suitable enough climax for that particular point in the story, but instead they add a new one and finish the movie right before the other climax which they spent half the movie setting up. (I actually vocalized "disgusting sons of bitches" when the credits started rolling).
I was not hugely fond of how they ocasionally tried to tie characters and events from the main storyline back into the additional stuff they've added, though they usually consisted of short remarks.

Other than that, it was a solid, fun movie. The barrel sequence in particular I found lots of good/ridiculous fun. And Smaug was rather neat (and fucking MASSIVE)

Though I think this one can rise or fall in my opinion depending on how it pays out in the third film. Wayyy too many threads dangling.

I agree, I felt it suffered a problem with pacing. For me the action was so erratic yet frequent there never felt like any tension and when the end came I was nonplussed yet slightly hacked-off it felt 'cut short'. Also I never really felt danger to any of the characters.

Colytic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”